Halloween is the perfect time of year to throw a party that is over-the-top and dramatic. I have been loving the glam Halloween decor that I have seen stores selling and makers creating this year. To help you prepare for a drop-dead gorgeous party, I created a Canva template so you can make your own glam Halloween invitations. Customize this high quality template with the details for your soiree and get your friends ready for a party to die for!
FREE CANVA GLAM HALLOWEEN INVITATIONS
GET THE FREE INVITATION TEMPLATE
Sign up for Mad in Crafts emails to receive this Canva template as a free gift! You will receive a few introductory emails to satisfy the legal team, and then you will be sent instructions for accessing this Canva template. This invitation is for personal use only. Please do not sell or redistribute the template in any way.
ACCESSING THE CANVA TEMPLATE
When you sign up for the Mad in Crafts newsletter using the form above you will be sent a series of two emails. For legal reasons, I will need you to click a few buttons to let me know that you definitely do want emails from me. I appreciate you jumping through these legal hoops so I can send you your free Canva template!
Once you have done that you will receive a link to download a PDF with instructions for accessing the Canva template. You don’t have to print the PDF, just save it to your device.
You will need a free Canva account to edit this save the date. You DO NOT need Canva Pro to edit this template. Pro does however give you more options for fonts, etc.
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THE HALLOWEEN PARTY INVITATION IN CANVA
The background of the invitation is a single, non-editable element, but all of the text boxes can be customized. You can replace the placeholder text with all the information for your Halloween get-together. You can adjust the font, font colors, and font size for any of these elements. You can also try using Canva’s Text Effects on the text as well.
The invitation is designed to be printed on 5″x 7″ cardstock so it will fit easily into A7 envelopes.
How to Customize the Invitation
- Open the PDF and read through the instructions.
- Sign into your Canva account.
- Click the template link towards the bottom of the PDF or copy and paste the link into your browser.
This will open a tab on your computer with a screen stating that I am sharing a template with you.
- Click the purple Use Template button at the bottom of the screen.
This will open a new Canva canvas of the editable invitation template.
- Change the name of the file to whatever you would like the finished file name to be.
- Make changes to the editable sections of the design template.
Replace the text in the editable text boxes with the correct information for your party.
- When you are happy with the finished product, click the Share button in the top right corner of the screen.
Save the finished design to your device as a png for a digital photo, a PDF for home printing or to send to a professional printer, or MP4 for video.
- Send the save the dates to all your wedding guests.
MAKE YOUR OWN COORDINATING PARTY DECOR
I drew inspiration for the unique look of this invitation from some of the glam Halloween decor I have noticed in stores. The invitation uses skulls, potion bottles, and bats as design elements. You can repeat those themes in your party’s decor. These are a few DIYs that will help you DIY decorations for your glam Halloween party:
WHAT FONTS SHOULD YOU USE IN YOUR INVITATION?
Choosing the right font for your Halloween party can be daunting since there are so many fonts to choose from! I have curated a list of some of my favorite Halloween fonts that you can use to customize this Canva template. Some are paid fonts that you can upload into Canva, and others are Canva Pro fonts already in the Canva software.
FULL GLAM HALLOWEEN PRINTABLE SUITE
WHY UPGRADE TO CANVA PRO
You can use the free Canva or Canva Pro version to edit this invitation template. The free version of Canva is an amazing tool for creating graphics to use online or to print. It does have its limitations, however. If you are looking to have access to a wider range of tools, assets, and abilities, Canva Pro might be worth the monthly subscription.
A Canva Pro subscription comes with the following:
- Access to over 100 million pieces of premium content including graphics, stock photos, videos, and more
- Intuitive video creation software
- Impressive photo editing capabilities (like Background Remover that works with the click of a button)
- Over half a million professionally designed templates to guide your design
- Turn static photos into GIFs and videos with instant animation
- Social media scheduling for Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter
- The ability to resize your design for different social media platforms with the Magic Resize tool
- Quick and easy branded graphics based on your personalized Brand Kit
- 1 TB of cloud storage
- 24/7 customer support
The following is an affiliate link, if you purchase Canva Pro after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!