If you are looking for a low- or no-cost way to create Save the Dates for your upcoming wedding, you have come to the right place. Using the free version of Canva and my free Canva save-the-date templates, you can create custom photos or videos to send to your wedding guests. These templates are easy to personalize with your own information, and they can be shared digitally which makes them totally free to send!
FREE CANVA SAVE THE DATE TEMPLATE
GET THE FREE SAVE THE DATE TEMPLATE
Sign up for Mad in Crafts emails to receive this Canva template as a free gift! You will receive a few introductory emails to satisfy the legal team, and then you will be sent instructions for accessing this Canva template. This invitation is for personal use only. Please do not sell or redistribute the template in any way.
ACCESSING THE CANVA TEMPLATE
When you sign up for the Mad in Crafts newsletter using the form above you will be sent a series of two emails. For legal reasons, I will need you to click a few buttons to let me know that you definitely do want emails from me. I appreciate you jumping through these legal hoops so I can send you your free Canva template!
Once you have done that you will receive a link to download a PDF with instructions for accessing the Canva template. You don’t have to print the PDF, just save it to your device.
You will need a free Canva account to edit this save the date. You DO NOT need Canva Pro to edit this template. Pro does however give you more options for fonts, etc.
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THE SAVE-THE-DATE TEMPLATE IN CANVA
Customizing these save-the-date templates is extremely easy, even if you are new to Canva. I created a video to walk you through the process of customizing the design elements of the template to make pretty save the dates for your own wedding. You can use our engagement photos to create a photo save the date that can be sent digitally or printed and mailed. Or you can create a custom video save the date that can be sent digitally or put on your wedding website to let everyone know to block off the date of your big day.
How to Customize the Save the Date Template
- Open the PDF and read through the instructions.
- Sign into your Canva account.
- Click the template link towards the bottom of the PDF or copy and paste the link into your browser.
This will open a tab on your computer with a screen stating that I am sharing a template with you.
- Click the purple Use Template button at the bottom of the screen.
This will open a new Canva canvas of the editable invitation template.
- Change the name of the file to whatever you would like the finished file name to be.
- Make changes to the editable sections of the design template.
You will want to replace the photo or video in the templates with your own media and change the names and wedding date with your celebration information. You can also change fonts, colors, and layout.
- When you are happy with the finished product, click the Share button in the top right corner of the screen.
Save the finished design to your device as a png for a digital photo, a PDF for home printing or to send to a professional printer, or MP4 for video.
- Send the save the dates to all your wedding guests.
WHY UPGRADE TO CANVA PRO
You can use the free Canva or Canva Pro version to edit this invitation template. The free version of Canva is an amazing tool for creating graphics to use online or to print. It does have its limitations, however. If you are looking to have access to a wider range of tools, assets, and abilities, Canva Pro might be worth the monthly subscription.
A Canva Pro subscription comes with the following:
- Access to over 100 million pieces of premium content including graphics, stock photos, videos, and more
- Intuitive video creation software
- Impressive photo editing capabilities (like Background Remover that works with the click of a button)
- Over half a million professionally designed templates to guide your design
- Turn static photos into GIFs and videos with instant animation
- Social media scheduling for Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter
- The ability to resize your design for different social media platforms with the Magic Resize tool
- Quick and easy branded graphics based on your personalized Brand Kit
- 1 TB of cloud storage
- 24/7 customer support
The following is an affiliate link, if you purchase Canva Pro after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!