Last week I shared the simple process for making coconut oil lip gloss. Did you know that coconut oil can be used as a beauty product on your hair as well? This easy hair mask is natural and relatively inexpensive, and it makes a unique and thoughtful gift. You can make up a large batch of the hair mask, package it in jars from the dollar store, and give it out to all the beauty conscious on your Christmas list.
Each of the three ingredients in this homemade hair mask have excellent benefits for your (or your giftee’s) hair.
- Seals in hair moisture
- Contains antibacterial and antifungal properties (helps to control dandruff)
- Contains nutrients like vitamin E, vitamin K and iron
- The high sugar content of honey acts as a humectant to maintain moisture content of hair
- Has anti-bacterial properties for a healthy scalp
- CAN LIGHTEN HAIR OVER TIME
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
MY LATEST VIDEOS
- As an acid, ACV balances the pH of your hair
- Removes buildup from styling products and inexpensive shampoos
- Closes the numerous cuticle scales of your hair leaving it shinier and smoother
Mix together and pour into a microwaveable jar. The hair mask will naturally separate in the jar, Re-melt and stir before each application.
If you would like to include a printable card with the hair mask, I have created the following graphics that are free for use. Just right click on the image below, and save them to your computer, then print as desired!
Did you like this post? Think it’s worth sharing? Please share with your friends using the social media share buttons on the toolbar at the bottom of the page!