Last week I shared the simple process for making coconut oil lip gloss. Did you know that coconut oil can be used as a beauty product on your hair as well? This easy coconut oil honey hair mask is natural and relatively inexpensive, and it makes a unique and thoughtful gift. You can make up a large batch of coconut oil honey hair masks, package it in jars from the dollar store, and give it out to all the beauty-conscious people on your Christmas list.Jump to Recipe
Homemade Gift: Coconut Oil Honey Hair Mask
How Is the Honey and Coconut Oil Hair Mask Good for Your Hair?
Each of the three ingredients in this homemade hair mask has excellent benefits for your (or your giftee’s) hair. That’s it! Just three ingredients that will make your hair look its best.
BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL
- Seals in hair moisture
- Contains antibacterial and antifungal properties (helps to control dandruff)
- Contains nutrients like vitamin E, vitamin K and iron
BENEFITS OF HONEY
- The high sugar content of honey acts as a humectant to maintain moisture content of hair
- Has anti-bacterial properties for a healthy scalp
- CAN LIGHTEN HAIR OVER TIME
BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- As an acid, ACV balances the pH of your hair
- Removes buildup from styling products and inexpensive shampoos
- Closes the numerous cuticle scales of your hair leaving it shinier and smoother
How to Make DIY Coconut Oil Hair Masks
When you use this hair mask, you should apply it to clean hair in place of your normal conditioner. Massage into the scalp and work the mixture down the hair shaft. Let it sit on your hair follicles for a few minutes up to half an hour. Rinse thoroughly and gently towel dry.
This mask is especially great for dry hair or damaged hair. Now it won’t get rid of your split ends like magic, but it will help you to have shiny, healthy hair.