- 3 large cans of sauerkraut*
- 2 lbs. FRESH polish sausage
- 2 large cans of pieces and stems mushrooms, NOT drained
- 1 large head of cabbage, chopped*
- 4 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
*You are trying to achieve equal parts kraut and cabbage
- Parboil polish sausage and cabbage in a pot until the sausage is cooked.
- Drain cabbage, and cut sausage into pieces.
- Put all the ingredients into the crock pot and mix well.
- Cook SLOWLY (overnight is best).
Let's be buds.
Subscribe to the Mad in Crafts newsletter and get a FREE copy of my newest ebook, Happy Crafts: Nine Colorful Crafts You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less.