There is something so happy about pinwheels! Did you know they are incredibly simple to make? Find, or print, some cute patterned paper and follow this simple tutorial for making your own easy paper pinwheels.
EASY PAPER PINWHEELS WITH PRINTABLES
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE PINWHEELS FROM PAPER
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
DIY PAPER PINWHEEL VIDEO TUTORIAL
Watch this short video to see how to assemble the paper pinwheels. I have plenty more creative videos where this came from! Check out my YouTube channel for hundreds more!
- Optional first step: Begin by printing the downloadable papers on a color printer.
- Cut the paper into 4″ x 4″ squares.
- Fold the squares of paper diagonally twice to create an X.
- Starting at each corner, carefully cut along the diagonal lines but DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY TO THE CENTER.
- Bend every other corner to the center of the X, but do not crease the bend.
- Stick a straight pin through the center of the X from front to back, making sure to pierce through all the corners that you bent in.
- Add two pony beads to the straight pin, behind the pinwheel.
- Carefully poke the straight pin into the top of a craft stick.
DOWNLOADING THE PRINTABLES
I am so excited to share these printables with you free! To access the printables, sign up for a Mad in Crafts Freebies Membership using the form above or by signing up HERE. Don’t worry, the membership won’t cost you a penny, but it WILL give you access to all of the freebies I have shared here on Mad in Crafts.