Did you just purchase a Joy and now you are looking for an easy Cricut Joy craft? This is the project for you! These colorful ombre coasters are easy to make, and they are the perfect way to get to know your new Cricut Joy!
EASY CRICUT JOY CRAFT: OMBRE COASTERS
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE OMBRE CRICUT JOY COASTERS
I used SmartVinyl to make these colorful coasters, which means I was able to cut the vinyl without a mat. You can also make this project with standard vinyl and a cutting mat, if that is what you happen to have on hand.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- Wood coasters
- Ultra Dye (Purple Rain, Tantalizing Teal, and Venom)
- Cricut Joy
- Smart Vinyl
- Weeding tools
- Transfer tape
- Mod Podge Ultra
- Pillow Sayings Image Set from Cricut Design Space
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
HOW TO MAKE EASY OMBRE COASTERS
Ombre Wood Coasters
- Sand off the rough edges of the wood coasters.
- Paint a coat of one color of Ultra Dye to just over half of the coaster.
- Paint a coat of a second color of Ultra Day to the other half of the coaster, overlapping the first color to make an ombre effect.
- Repeat for all of your coasters. Let the dye dry.
- Using Cricut Design Space, resize your designs to fit the coasters.
- Choose Without Mat from the Load Type screen.
- Load your Cricut Joy with permanent Smart Vinyl.
- Choose the correct material from the materials list.
- Begin cutting the designs with the Cricut Joy.
- Unload the vinyl from the Cricut Joy and weed out the excess vinyl.
- Use transfer tape to align the weeded design on your coaster.
- Press the vinyl down and carefully peel back the transfer tape.
- Place the coasters on a silicone mat and spray with Mod Podge Ultra to seal the vinyl.