This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’ve been spending some of my extra time at home playing with my newest crafty toy: the Cricut Joy! This itty bitty machine makes it so easy for me to do quick, simple projects without cluttering up my living space. It’s small and light enough that I can bring it out of my craft room to do some super easy cardmaking with the new Cricut Joy.
EASY CARDMAKING WITH THE NEW CRICUT JOY
CRICUT JOY UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Cricut was kind enough to send me a whole box of Cricut Joy goodies so I can learn more about this little machine can do. Watch the video above to see just some of the Cricut Joy supplies that are on the market, as well my first project with the Joy.
Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel for more creative videos like this one. I am sure I will be playing with my new Joy machine quite a bit more in the coming months!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CARDS WITH CRICUT JOY
Cricut Joy exclusive blank insert card sets let you make really gorgeous handmade cards with almost no effort. The ingenious card mat makes the whole process stupid easy.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
I used the Cricut Joy to make three super cute cards in less than half an hour. At that rate, I could bust out 12 cards in roughly two hours. Think of all the happy mail I can send out to the friends and family I am missing right now!
HOW IS CRICUT JOY DIFFERENT THAN OTHER CRICUT MACHINES?
I have owned a Cricut Explore and I currently own a Cricut Maker, so I have used the other Cricut machines in my craft room extensively. People ask me how the Joy is different from these other two machines, and it has a few key features that make it really different from either the Explore or the Maker.
- It’s SO TINY! You don’t need a dedicated craft space to own a Cricut machine anymore. You can easily tuck the Joy away on a bookshelf or cubby when you’re not using it.
- It’s portable. It weighs less than 4 pounds, so it is easy to bring along to a friend’s house, a scrapbook get-together, or to your classroom.
- It doesn’t cut quite as many materials as the Maker, but it does cut more than 50 materials.
- It allows you to cut the new Smart Materials without a mat.
- It can cut repeated shapes up to 40 feet long! This is great for larger-scale signs and bulletin boards.
- The cutting process is super user-friendly as it uses Bluetooth to connect to your smartphone or computer.
- It is the least expensive of the Cricut machines.
You will have to decide for yourself which machine works best for your budget, space, and crafting needs. I think the Joy is a great little machine, and I will definitely be using it for my craft projects!
Thanks for your help, made my first card with the Cricut Joy. Your video helped so much. Awesome!
I am so glad! Thank you for the comment!
Catharina Bellekom says
I am totally new at this and have no idea how or where to start. I love some help?