Do you live in a divided household? In my house, some of us like super crispy bacon, while the (wrong) people prefer chewy bacon. This twist on your normal bacon results in bacon that is the best of both worlds. Learn how to make TikTok-viral air fryer twisted bacon and make your whole family happy!Jump to Recipe
EASY AIR FRYER TWISTED BACON
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE TWISTED BACON IN THE AIR FRYER
The only ingredient in these bacon twists is bacon! You can add parchment paper to the tray of your air fryer to make clean-up a little easier, but it is definitely not necessary.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- Air fryer with tray
- Parchment paper with holes (optional)
- Thick-cut bacon
WHY SHOULD YOU COOK BACON IN YOUR AIR FRYER?
Making bacon is so easy when you are using an air fryer! Here are some reasons why you should break out your air fryer to cook your bacon twists:
- Limit the mess! Cooking bacon in a pan results in messy grease spatter on your stovetop. The air fryer method eliminates that spatter, although you will need to clean the air fryer basket well after cooking your bacon.
- Set it and (mostly) forget it! When you put the bacon in your air fryer, you can walk away and tend to the rest of over meal. No more babysitting bacon in a pan on the stovetop!
- Better uniformity. Because of the way air fryers circulate air, all of the bacon cooks evenly. When I cook bacon on the stove, I always end up with some really crispy bits and some pieces that are slightly undercooked.
- It’s faster! Cooking bacon in the oven eliminates some of the hassles of stovetop bacon, but it takes a long time. The air fryer method is super fast. Who doesn’t want to get bacon in their mouths more quickly?
WHY IS TWISTED BACON POPULAR?
Twisted bacon has been around for a while, but air-fried twisted bacon has gotten popular in 2023 because of a few viral TikTok videos. Twisting the bacon exposes the edges of the bacon to air-frying while keeping the bacon inside of the twist from getting overcooked. This results in bacon that is BOTH crispy on the edges and chewy on the inside!
HOW TO MAKE BACON TWISTS IN YOUR AIR FRYER
First, separate the bacon strips into individual pieces. Hold a piece by each end and twist those ends in opposite directions. This will create the roll or twist shape for the bacon twists. Repeat on each slice of bacon.
Place the bacon twists into the tray of an air fryer. The bacon twists can touch, but don’t overlap the bacon or they may stick together. You may need to cook the twists in multiple batches depending on the capacity of your air fryer.
Cook the air fryer bacon for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees. You can change the crispness of the bacon by adjusting the cook time. I don’t recommend increasing the cooing temperature or your air fryer might begin to smoke.
If you would like to drain a bit more of the bacon grease off of the twists, pick the bacon up with tongs and place them on a paper towel-lined plate for a minute before serving.
EASY AIR FRYER TWISTED BACON RECIPE
You are going to love these tasty twisted pieces of bacon based on the viral TikTok recipe! They are great with eggs at breakfast, as a low-carb snack, or alongside a tasty summer salad.
Here are a few variations on this tasty recipe:
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar or drizzle some maple syrup on the bacon for a slight candied flavor and texture.
- Try air-frying turkey bacon for a healthier option.
- Add black pepper or cayenne pepper to the bacon before twisting it to make it spicy!
- I prefer thick-cut bacon, but you can also use regular bacon. Just reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.
AIR FRYER TWISTED BACONPrint Pin
- Air fryer
- 1 Pound Thick Cut Bacon
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Holding the ends of each piece of bacon, turn until completely twisted.
- Place each piece of bacon in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove the bacon twists from the air fryer.
- Serve while hot.
Leave a Reply