NOTE: Since this was a complete experiment I went through the steps of the project in a very inefficient way. I will show you the steps in the order you SHOULD do them, just don’t be thrown off if the pictures don’t look like they are in chronological order.
When I peeled back the tape, the hole pattern was revealed! Keep drilling hundreds more holes.
I rigged up a way to hang the pendant in the garage so I could paint from all angles.
Please don’t judge my garage.
Then I hit it with a few coats of Valspar Navy Satin paint. I debated between the navy and using my trusty ORB (to mimic the inspiration piece), but I just couldn’t get the idea of a sleek navy pendant light out of my head. In the end, I am glad I went with the blue because it fits in so nicely with our home.
I threaded the lamp kit into place and plugged it in. Success!
The pendant even looks snazzy when the light is off.
- two large plastic bowls (the same size)
- tin snips
- cheap duct tape
- Dremel variable speed rotary tool
- Dremel sanding bands
- Dremel drill bits
- Dremel cutting guide
- spray paint
- pendant lamp kit
- light bulb