I’m not saying that you should bribe your kids’ teachers, but, if you were going to, this is the way to do it. For my crack of the month for April, we are celebrating all the amazing teachers who do more than their fair share of work to make sure kids end up functioning members of society. If you have a gold star teacher in your school, they deserve some gold star crack candy for Teacher Appreciation Week.
I was excited to find Wilton edible gold star glitter (affiliate) online because it was such a perfect addition to my teacher appreciation crack. The stars are thin like sugar paper, not thick and chunky like sprinkles. It really does look like I added gold star stickers to the top of the candy, but it’s totally edible!
Package up some of this delicious candy for your kid to take along with them to give to their teachers. And don’t be surprised if the grading curve starts going in your child’s favor.
- 1 c. butter, cut into pads
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- Club crackers
- 12 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Wilton gold stars
- Add sugar and butter to a saucepan. Heat mixture over high heat and bring to a full boil. Boil for 4 minutes.
- While it boils, line a jelly roll pan with foil. Add a layer of Club crackers to the jelly roll pan.
- Pour the butter mixture over the crackers. Bake the crackers in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the oven and top them with a bag of chocolate chips. Let the chips melt, then spread the chocolate over the crackers. Let cool, then place in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Remove from the freezer, and crack the candy into bite sized pieces.
You might like these other teacher appreciation gift ideas too:
Leave a Reply