When it comes to useful teacher appreciation gifts, you can’t do much better than a gift card, especially a gift card for coffee. But slapping a rectangle of plastic into a store-bought card just doesn’t seem personal enough to give to the person who is helping to mold your child’s mind. Even if you are short on time, you can still package up that Starbucks gift card in a clever, cheap, and non-gender-specific way. Read on to see how easy it is to make a DIY Starbucks gift card teacher gift.
Starbucks Gift Card Teacher Gift
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE A STARBUCKS CUP GIFT CARD HOLDER
Using just a few materials, you can wrap that gift card up to look just like a Starbucks frappuccino. The materials needed to wrap a gift card up like a Starbucks frap are very inexpensive. When you purchase the gift card, just ask the barista for an empty small frappuccino cup with a lid and a straw. She might look at you funny, but she will likely oblige.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- Starbucks Frappuccino cup and straw
- Brown paper
- Tissue paper
- Starbucks gift card
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
HOW TO MAKE A GIFT CARD HOLDER THAT LOOKS LIKE A CUP OF COFFEE
Starbucks Cup Gift Card Holder
- Start by tracing the top and bottom of the cup onto the paper by gently rolling the cup with one hand while you trace with the other. Cut the paper just inside of those lines.
- Roll the brown paper into a cone and slip it into the plastic cup. Make any adjustments you need so that it sits flat on the bottom of the cup. Put the gift card into the cup too.
- Lightly crumple one sheet of white tissue paper around the unwrapped straw. Place them into the cup.
- Carefully pop the lid onto the frap cup, making sure all the tissue is tucked inside the lid.
PERSONALIZING THE STARBUCKS GIFT
Doesn’t this gift look like a frappuccino with whipped cream? Now, you can add a message to the side of the cup with the Sharpie. Add the teacher’s name or a thoughtful message.
It only took a few minutes to create this clever gift that any teacher would be psyched to receive.