Are you looking for a cute, inexpensive clutch to carry this winter? I found a pretty grey felt zipper bag in my Target’s Dollar Spot for $3. I knew that with a little bit of creativity, and a hot glue gun, I could transform it into a cute clutch. I added a DIY leather bow to the clutch that I can slip my hand through when I carry it. Very chic, and no sewing necessary!
Watch this short video to see how I added the bow to my clutch. I put out two new videos each week, so hop over to my YouTube channel to see all the fun!
I used real leather because I had quite a bit left over from making my leather foldover clutch. If you don’t want to buy leather for this project, you can find leather or faux leather purses at a thrift store and use that material to make your bow. To find the dimensions for your bow, measure your hand at its widest point. Then double that measurement and add two inches. This should give you a bow that is wide enough to slip your hand through.
Variations on this project:
- Sew (or hot glue) your own clutch from felt in any color of the rainbow!
- Create a smaller bow, using the same process, to serve as an accent instead of a handle.
- Add a long stripe of leather all the way around the clutch, adding the bow to the middle of the stripe.
The modifications are only limited by your imagination!
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything on Amazon, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- Felt zipper bag – I got mine from the Target Dollar Spot, but this one is close
- Leather – I got mine from Leather Hide Store
- Glue gun
- Hot glue
You might like these other DIY clutch tutorials: