This month’s crack candy recipe is XXXTREME!!!! I was actually going to make that the title of this post, but I hate myself enough already. The toffee really is amped up in this version of my classic Christmas Crack candy recipe. The original recipe is a cheater’s way to make toffee at home, so I doubled the toffee goodness with another layer of toffee bits. Each piece of this candy is like a toffee sandwich filled with chocolate.
While you are adding the toffee to the candy, your brain will tell you, “That is probably enough toffee bits. You can probably stop now.” Do not listen to your brain; listen to your heart. Sprinkle that WHOLE bag of toffee bits on there. Doesn’t that feel right?
Because of the thick layer of toffee bits, this version is a tiny bit harder to crack than my other versions. But I promise that the work is worth it in the end! Enjoy this super rad, totally XXXTREME crack candy!!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Club crackers
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 8 oz. Heath toffee bits
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and sugar until boiling. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Place a single layer of Club crackers in the foil lined jelly roll pan.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the crackers.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers. Allow them to melt.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the crackers.
- Sprinkle the toffee bits over the chocolate.
- Allow the candy to cool, then freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer and crack into bite sized pieces.
Let's be buds.
Subscribe to the Mad in Crafts newsletter and get a FREE copy of my newest ebook, Six Projects You Can Make with Thrifted Plaid Shirts.