This year I made the possibly ridiculous goal of coming up with a new version of Christmas Crack each month. Unsurprisingly, I chose to make Easter Crack this month, but my choice of Easter candy may surprise you. I had originally considered using Cadbury Creme Eggs, as they are my favorite, but when I spotted the Easter Egg M&Ms at the store I knew they were too pretty to resist. You can swap the M&Ms out for your favorite Easter candy, but I don’t recommend using Peeps because Peeps are gross.
Watch this short video to see how to put together a batch of Easter Crack Candy. If you haven’t already LUCK OF THE IRISH WHISKEY CRACK, click over and check it out. I release new videos twice a week, so don’t miss out on any of the fun!
I love the bright pastel (is that an oxymoron?) colors that the Easter egg M&Ms add to the crack candy. Such a happy- and delicious-looking plate, don’t you think?
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Club crackers
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 10.9 oz. Easter egg M&Ms
- In a small saucepan, bring butter and sugar to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Place a single layer of Club crackers on the foil.
- Pour the butter mixture over the crackers. Spread to cover evenly.
- Bake the crackers in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the baked crackers. Allow to melt. Spread evenly over the crackers.
- Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle the M&Ms over the chocolate.
- Allow the candy to cool before placing in the freezer for one hour.
- Remove candy from freezer, and break into bite sized pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Check out past months of Crack Candy recipes too:
What's for dinner?
Are you as sick of that question as I am? Subscribe to get delicious recipes sent straight to your inbox!