Chicken, wild rice, and wine all blend together in this delicious comfort food casserole. This is an adaptation of my grandma’s recipe that I created so that I could make it in the crockpot. The original recipe is one of my favorite meals, so it could only be improved by making it in the crock pot! After you try it, I am sure it will end up as one of your family’s favorites too.
First, dump all the wet ingredients and the rice mixes into the crock pot and stir until combined.
Add in the chicken breasts (I usually use the frozen breasts) and top with a layer of parmesan cheese.
After a few hours in the crock pot, it will be warm, creamy, and delicious. This is a hearty dinner that is perfect paired up with a side of green beans!
There’s only one day of Casserole Comfort Week left, and it’s a doozy. Be sure to stop in tomorrow!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans of cream of celery soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. wine
- 2 packages Long Grain and Wild Rice (NOT the fast cook variety)
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix dry rice and seasoning packets together with all the wet ingredients in the crock pot until well combined.
- Place chicken breasts into the wild rice mixture, making sure they are covered.
- Top the mixture with a layer of parmesan cheese.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
Did you like this post? Think it’s worth sharing? Please share with your friends using the social media share buttons on the toolbar at the bottom of the page!
Thanks, Jessica Hill
Let's be buds.
Subscribe to the Mad in Crafts newsletter and get a FREE copy of my newest ebook, Six Projects You Can Make with Thrifted Plaid Shirts.