Almost nine years of blogging and this is my first ever Harry Potter tutorial! How is that even possible? I am so happy to being joining in with Marissa from Rae Gun Ramblings’ Happy Harry Potter series this year. My son just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire this summer, so we are right in the midst of reliving all the Potter magic here in The Mad House. Since the books are back on my brain, I thought I would make some mini Harry Potter Potion Charms to share with you today. Be sure to read to the end of the post for an awesome Harry Potter giveaway!
I don’t mean to sound like a hipster, but I was on board with Snape from Book 1. I figured there had to be something more to the snarling Potions teacher than met the eye. It feels so good to be right. You can be your own Potions Master at home when you are concocting these tiny potions.
Watch this short video to see how I made the mini potions and their shrink plastic labels. I put out two new creative videos on my YouTube channel each week. If you like this tutorial, hop over to my channel because there are tons more where that came from!
I chose to create miniature labels for each potion using shrink plastic. If you would like the template I used, you can find it here.
These mini charms are just the right size for key chains, zipper pulls, and phone charms. Where would you hang one of these adorable potion bottles?
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- Shrink plastic
- Gold Sharpie
- Paper cutter
- Mini stoppered bottles: Mine are from Dollar Tree (in the nail art section) but THESE from Amazon would also work
- Copper glitter
- Mica pigments
- Heart glitter
- Green glow-in-the-dark puffy paint
- Split rings
Marissa has an awesome giveaway as part of this year’s series! One lucky winner will receive all the amazing things below! Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below (or clicking here). If you’ve already entered, you can get another entry every day for pinning a different post. One lucky winner will receive all the amazing things below!
And be sure to check out all the Harry Potter projects from past years and find all the new Happy Harry Potter creations from this year here, the post is updated daily!
- $50 Amazon gift card perfect for picking out your own awesome Harry Potter swag or stocking up on craft supplies to make your own inspired by the great tutorials from the series!
- $50 Shop credit to spend on LuLaRoe with RaeGunRoe who will be having a special Harry Potter inspired event during the series!
- One Harry Potter Baby Costume or House Tie Necklace from RaeGun perfect for Halloween, or sporting to a vacation to the Wizarding world, or just for any old Tuesday!
- One Nerdifore from Giggles and Mischief (put to a $40) she makes the cutest Harry Potter inspired dresses for big girls as well as My Little Pony, Super Hero and other awesomely geeky options.
- Dumbledore and Harry Potter action figures!
- Other surprise Harry Potter swag!