I think there was a time in my life when I could have been considered a hot mess mom. But, I’m closing in on 40 now and my general “hotness” is probably in question. That’s why, instead of a hot mess mom SVG, I decided to create this Room Temp Mess file! If you can relate, go ahead and get the file for free.
HOT MESS MOM SVG FILE
GET THE FREE SVG FILE
Sign up for my SVG Club below for these free SVG files! As a member of the club, you will receive one new SVG file each month. These SVG files are ready to upload directly into your favorite cutting machine’s design software. Insert the file into a new project, then resize it to fit the project you will be making. This file is for personal use only, so please don’t sell anything you make with this design.
HOW TO USE THIS SVG TO MAKE A MUG
While you can use this design just about anywhere, I think it is especially appropriate on a coffee mug. There isn’t a mom out there who hasn’t forgotten a cup of coffee or tea in the microwave or on the counter, only to return to it hours later to find it disgustingly room temperature!
Using an SVG to Make a Mug
- Insert the SVG into a Design Space canvas.
Use a flexible measuring tape to measure the area of your mug that will be covered with the design. Then resize the SVG in Design Space to fit those measurements
- Ungroup the SVG.
In order for the SVG to cut with all the elements in the right place, you need to begin by ungrouping all the elements. Select the design and click Ungroup.
- Weld the SVG elements.
The next step to ensuring your design will cut properly is welding the elements together. If you are cutting the design out of just one color of vinyl, select the entire design and click Weld. If you are using more than one color, select all the elements of the first color and click Weld. Then select all the elements of the second color and click Weld.
- Cut the design from permanent vinyl.
I highly recommend NOT using temporary vinyl for this project, unless, of course, you want to be able to remove the vinyl after one use.
- Weed the vinyl, and apply the design to a mug using transfer tape.
If you are using more than one color of vinyl, be sure to line the layers up properly.
- Optional: Seal with Dishwasher-Safe Mod Podge.
MORE FREE HOT MESS MOM SVGS
My creative friends have come up with 15 additional SVGs that are all free. What moms in your life need a handmade gift featuring one of these designs?
- Because I Said So from 30 Minute Crafts
- Room Temp Mess from Mad in Crafts
- I Promise I’m Trying from Crafting in the Rain
- Just Winging It from Pattern Revolution
- Just Another Manic Mom Day from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- All Aboard the Hot Mess Express from Happy Go Lucky
- Bless This Hot Mess from Everyday Party Magazine
- Tired as a Mother from Happiness is Homemade
- Chaos Creator/Chaos Coordinator from Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- Thankful, Blessed But Still a Hot Mess from Hello Creative Family
- I’m Probably Late for Something from That’s What Che Said
- Mama Needs Coffee from Pineapple Paper Company
- Losing My Mind One Kid at a Time from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Cleverly Disguised as an Adult from Kingston Crafts
- Hot Mess Just Doin’ My Best from The Country Chic Cottage