Butterflies are one of my favorite Easter metaphors. They are a beautiful reminder of Jesus’ resurrection from the grave. For this month’s free SVG file, I designed a layered Easter cross SVG that is reminiscent of Easter stained glass windows.
FREE LAYERED EASTER CROSS SVG
GET THE FREE SVG
Sign up for my SVG Club for this free SVG file! As a member of the club, you will receive one new SVG file each month. These SVG files are ready to upload directly into your favorite cutting machine’s design software. Insert the file into a new project, then resize it to fit the project you will be making.
There are more SVGs where this one came from! Purchase my new All-Access Pass and you will get instant access to every SVG I have ever shared on Mad in Crafts.
With your one-time purchase, you get:
- Instant access to every Mad in Crafts SVG
- Unlimited downloads
- 24/7/365 database access
- New SVGs every month
No more signing up with your email for each new SVG I share. No more digging around my site for the exact SVG you are looking for. Every SVG is at your fingertips!
HOW TO USE A LAYERED SVG IN CRICUT DESIGN SPACE
I designed this SVG to cut out 8 distinct layers that stack on top of each other — 4 for the cross and 4 for the butterfly. This is how you work with a layered SVG in Cricut Design Space. Once you have cut out the SVG, check out how to assemble this butterfly cross!
Cutting a Layered SVG Design
- Upload the SVG into Design Space and insert it into a new canvas.
- Resize the design to suit your project.
- Recolor the layers of the design to match the paper or vinyl you will be using. This will help keep you more organized and save material.
- If you would like two or more layers to be cut from the same color material, make sure you change those layers’ colors to the same color.
For my design, the topmost cross layer and the topmost butterfly layer will be cut from the same black paper. The purple layers will be cut from the same material as well.
- When you have finished these changes, click Make It!
- Organize your mats to save on materials. Both the purple butterfly and the purple cross layer fit on the same mat, so I didn’t waste paper.
- Chose the correct material, load up your mat, and cut out the SVG.
MORE FREE BUTTERFLY SVG FILES
My friends are sharing all of these beautiful butterfly designs for free. Visit the pages below to get them all!
- Butterfly Mug Wrap – Crafting in the Rain
- Butterfly Tumbler Wrap – Happiness is Homemade
- Layered Butterfly Cross – Mad in Crafts
- Anti-Social Butterfly – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Social Butterfly – That’s What Che Said
- Without Change There Would Be No Butterflies – Kara Creates
- Multi-Layered Butterfly – 100 Directions
- Butterfly Hearts – Hello Creative Family
- Butterfly Quote – 30 Minute Crafts
- Butterfly Floral – Brooklyn Berry Designs