My blogging friends and I put together a whole bunch of Hot Mess Mom SVGs a month or so ago, so we thought it was only fair play to create a set of SVGs for dads too. You can use these any time of the year, but they will be especially useful for homemade Father’s Day gifts. Check out how I turned my free Dad Bod SVG file into a can koozie!
FREE DAD BOD SVG FILE
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE A DIY CAN KOOZIE
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- Blank neoprene koozie
- Iron-on vinyl
- Cricut or Cricut Joy
- Cutting mat
- Weeding tools
- EasyPress or iron
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
GET THE FREE SVG FILE
Sign up for my SVG Club below for these free SVG files! As a member of the club, you will receive one new SVG file each month. These SVG files are ready to upload directly into your favorite cutting machine’s design software. Insert the file into a new project, then resize it to fit the project you will be making. This file is for personal use only, so please don’t sell anything you make with this design.
HOW TO USE CRICUT JOY TO MAKE A KOOZIE
Watch this video to see how to use a Joy to make a personalized can koozie. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for more videos like this!
Using a Cricut Joy to Make a Koozie
- Upload the SVG to Design Space.
- Measure your koozie.
- Resize the SVG design to fit your koozie.
- Send the design to cut from your Cricut Joy.
Be sure to select iron-on vinyl from the material list and to MIRROR YOUR DESIGN before cutting.
- Place the vinyl shiny side down (carrier sheet down) onto a Cricut Joy mat.
- Load the mat into the Cricut Joy and start the cut.
- Remove the vinyl from the cutting mat and weed out the excess vinyl.
- Preheat your iron or EasyPress with the correct heat settings.
Refer to the Cricut Heat Guide for more information.
- Preheat the koozie, if needed.
- Center the weeded vinyl design on the koozie and place a pressing cloth over the carrier sheet.
- Iron according to the Heat Guide settings.
- Allow the vinyl to fully cool before carefully removing the carrier sheet.
- Place a pressing cloth over the vinyl design and heat again.
DAD BOD KOOZIE FOR FATHER’S DAY
This SVG design make a great Father’s Day gift! Package it up with a 6-pack of dad’s favorite beer — I’m partial to Michigan craft beer — and you have a gift he is sure to use and love!
Do you like the font that I used in this design? This design uses the ZP Ex-Boyfriend font (affiliate link). Check out this post to find all of my favorite fonts, as well as links to buy them and links to the SVGs which use them!
MORE FREE SVGS FOR DAD
Looking for more free SVGs for dad? We have plenty of funny designs from which to choose!
- Grill Master Supreme & Grill Master In Training – Hello Creative Family
- Ain’t No Hood Like Fatherhood – Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Funnier Than Your Average Dad – Crafting in the Rain
- Ask Your Mom – Everyday Party Magazine
- Dad Jokes? I Think You Mean RAD Jokes! – Happiness is Homemade
- Working on My Dad Bod – Mad in Crafts
- Hi Hungry, I’m Dad – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Grill Skillz – The Country Chic Cottage
- World’s Best Farter…Father – That’s What Che Said
- Nacho Average Dad – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Great Job, Dad, I Turned Out Awesome – Happy Go Lucky
- Dad Jokes – That’s How Eye Roll – 30 Minute Crafts
- Laugh at My Dad Jokes – 100 Directions
I HAVE TRIED FOR 2 DAYS AND STILL HAVEN’T GOTTEN THE EMAIL FOR THE “DAD BOD” SVG.
I am sorry about that! Please send me an email: jessica @ madincrafts dot com and I will forward you the link.
Thanks for sharing the design & information on the cut file clutter issue.