As the number of plants in our house increases, so does the amount of plant-related paraphernalia. I am forever trying to locate my moisture meter or sticky traps or some other thing that I need to keep my plants happy and healthy. I made a quick Cricut plant mom bag to wrangle all my plant parent goodies. This DIY is fun to make, and it makes a great gift too!
EASY CRICUT PLANT MOM BAG
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE A PLANT MOM BAG
For the base of my zipper bag, I used the smaller of the two sizes of cosmetic bag blanks that Cricut carries. It’s important to use a sublimation blank if you are planning on using Infusible Ink. Since this was a smaller project, I used my Cricut Joy and Infusible Ink and Smart Vinyl meant for that machine. If you don’t have a Joy, you can make this with a Maker or an Explore machine instead.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
HOW TO MAKE A CUTE PLANT MOM ZIPPER POUCH
I used my free Plant Heart SVG as the background for my Plant Mom bag. If you would like this file, visit the post and join my SVG club! I used the Cricut font DTC Brown Sugar to add the lettering to my pouch.
Cricut Plant Pouch
- Choose a design for the background of your zipper pouch. I used my Plant Heart SVG and a Cricut Access font. Cricut Access has some cute plant designs in their library as well. Make sure the dimensions of the design fit the zipper pouch.
- Place an Infusible Ink transfer sheet ink side up on a standard grip mat and load it into your Cricut Joy machine.
- Cut the design (remember to mirror it before you cut!), and unload the mat. Remove the transfer sheet from the mat and roll it to “crack” the design. Weed the design.
- Place a piece of cardstock inside of the zipper pouch, place a piece of butcher paper over the pouch, and preheat it using the heat settings indicated in the Cricut Heat Guide.
- Place the weeded Infusible Ink transfer sheet ink side down where you want it on the zipper pouch. Cover with butcher paper and heat it with your EasyPress set to the settings indicated in the Cricut Heat Guide.
- Carefully remove the butcher paper and the transfer sheet to reveal your sublimated design.
- Load your Cricut Joy with Smart Vinyl, carrier sheet side down.
- Cut the lettering of your design out of the Smart Vinyl (mirror it!!!), unload the vinyl from your machine, and weed the design.
- Preheat the zipper pouch according to the settings indicated in the Cricut Heat Guide. Place the vinyl on your pouch, cover it with a pressing cloth, and heat it according to the heat guide.
- Let the vinyl cool and then remove the carrier sheet.
HOW TO USE YOUR PLANT MOM BAG
I made my Plant Mom bag for myself to help keep track of all my houseplant tools. I can keep a pair of plant snips, a moisture meter, bug traps, and more in the bag. If you are interested in my favorite houseplant supplies, check out my plant lover’s gift guide!
This bag would also be a cute gift bag to give to a plant lover. You could pair it with some gardening gloves and some bulbs to plant in the Springtime to make a really thoughtful gift for a gardener!