Do you make your kids search for their Easter baskets on Easter morning? When I was little my parents would hide my Easter treats and we would play “Hotter or Colder” until I found them. I have great memories of searching for my Easter baskets each year. If you would like to start a new tradition with your family, I have made the process a little easier by creating a printable Easter scavenger hunt that is all ready for you to use on Easter morning.
EASTER SCAVENGER HUNT – FREE PRINTABLE
HOW TO DO AN EASTER SCAVENGER HUNT
This scavenger hunt uses 8 different clues to take your children inside and outside the house until they finally find the last clue which leads them to the location of their Easter baskets. Your kids will love how much fun the scavenger hunt is, and you will love how easy it is to set up!
SAVING THE PRINTABLE
I am so excited to share these printables with you free! To access the printables, sign up for a Mad in Crafts Freebies Membership using the form above or by signing up HERE. Don’t worry, the membership won’t cost you a penny, but it WILL give you access to all of the freebies I have shared here on Mad in Crafts.
PREPARING THE EASTER SCAVENGER HUNT
Save the Easter Scavenger Hunt PDF to your hard drive and load your printer with heavy printer paper or cardstock. Set your printer to the highest quality print settings. Print out the single page PDF. Then use a pair of scissors or a paper cutter to cut the individual scavenger hunt clues apart.
The clues for this hunt will lead to the following places:
- Fill me with seeds and put me up high, my dinner guests all come from the sky. (bird feeder)
- You use me when the plants are thirsty for a drink, by filling me with water that comes from the sink! (watering can)
- I live outside and have many green leaves. I grow big and tall and the birds live in me! (tree)
- My insides are full of paper and ink, but I am not a book like you might think. (printer)
- Wondering where the next clue will be found? I wash your clothes and go ‘round and around. (washing machine)
- To find where your next clue might be: You put bread in my belly, and it comes out crispy. (toaster)
- The easter bunny travels with a hop, hop, hop, go check the bookcase and look towards the top. (top bookshelf)
- I’m a machine that cooks quick food to eat. When I’m finished working, I go beep, beep, beep. (microwave)
Don’t stress if you don’t have some of these items in or near your home. You can eliminate any of the clues without messing up the hunt. For example, if you don’t have a watering can, you can just throw that clue away.
Begin by placing the clues cards around your home, ensuring that each clue leads to the location of the next clue. The final clue should lead your kids to the location of the hidden Easter basket.
This post originally appeared on Crafts by Amanda.
You might like these other Easter DIYs:
BUNNY BAIT PRINTABLE TREAT BAG TOPPERS