Cupcake wrappers are a super simple way to elevate your next party! Add color and pattern to your sweets to make them stand out even more. DIY cupcake wrappers are easy and quick to make with the help of your handy Cricut machine.
DIY CUPCAKE WRAPPERS WITH YOUR CRICUT
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CUPCAKE WRAPPERS
All of the party projects I am sharing this week were made with a single pack of scrapbook paper. Instead of shelling out for coordinating supplies from the party store, you can make your own perfectly coordinated hats, garland, and more using your Cricut.
There are countless GORGEOUS packs of scrapbook paper on the market, so there is no limit to the way you can theme your party.
Any of the Cricut machine models that cut 12″x12″ paper (Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, Cricut Explore Air, etc.) will work to make these hats. The Cricut Joy will not work because of that machine’s cutting size limit.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- LightGrip mat
- Scrapbook paper pack (paper printed on both sides)
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
USING SCRAPBOOK PAPER FOR YOUR PARTY SUPPLIES
I hate spending a ton of money on party supplies for kids’ birthdays since they usually just get thrown away at the end of the night. I do like having my party supplies coordinated, however. The solution is to buy a pack of scrapbook paper or cardstock, and use cutting machines to get as much out of that pack as humanly possible!
I created three Cricut design space projects that make very little paper waste to save you money — no SVG cut files needed!
- Paper Party 1: This 12×12 canvas includes 2 cupcake wrappers, 2 straw flags, 2 pillow boxes, and 4 circles for the garland. (FREE)
- Paper Party 2: This 12×12 canvas includes 2 pillow boxes, 4 circles for the garland, 4 straw flags, 2 water bottle wrappers, and confetti. (FREE)
- Paper Party 3: This 12×12 canvas includes 1 party hat and 8 circles for the garland. (If you don’t have Cricut Access, you will need to pay $0.99 for the party hat file.)
CUTTING AND MAKING CUPCAKE WRAPPERS WITH YOUR CRICUT
This particular design is meant to wrap around standard muffins or cupcakes. You will need to resize the file in Design Space to suit mini cupcakes. I suggest baking the cupcakes in traditional muffin pan liners and then slipping the finished cupcakes into these wrappers before the birthday party.
Cutting and Assembling the Cupcake Wrappers
- Cut the wrappers using your Cricut machine a free cupcake wrapper template.
Search the Design Space free library to find the template.
- Assemble the wrapper by bending the paper into a circle and inserting the tab into the slot on the other end. If you would like to make the tab more secure you can use a bit of paper glue or adhesive. I don’t recommend using hot glue because it is too thick.
- Drop a cupcake into the pretty card stock wrapper!
SCRAPBOOK PAPER CUPCAKE WRAPPERS
Because all the paper for your party supplies comes from the same pack of scrapbook paper, they will all coordinate perfectly!