Pillow boxes are great if you are throwing the party or attending as a guest! Toss some candy into these colorful boxes to give to your guests as a favor. OR, size one to fit a gift card for the birthday girl or boy. You can use your Cricut to cut and score a paper pillow box quickly and easily.
DIY PAPER PILLOW BOX FOR PARTY FAVORS
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE DIY PILLOW BOXES
I decided to make all of my party supplies for this week from one pack of scrapbook paper. This is a simple way to make all your party supplies go together without having to pay premium party store prices.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- LightGrip mat
- Scoring wheel
- Scrapbook paper pack (paper printed on both sides)
- Hot glue gun
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
USING SCRAPBOOK PAPER FOR YOUR PARTY SUPPLIES
I hate spending a ton of money on party supplies for kids birthdays since they usually just get thrown away at the end of the night. I do like having my party supplies coordinated, however. The solution is to buy a pack of scrapbook paper, and get as much out of that pack as humanly possible! I created three Design Space canvasses that make very little paper waste to save you money.
- Paper Party 1: This 12×12 canvas includes 2 cupcake wrappers, 2 straw flags, 2 pillow boxes, and 4 circles for the garland. (FREE)
- Paper Party 2: This 12×12 canvas includes 2 pillow boxes, 4 circles for the garland, 4 straw flags, 2 water bottle wrappers, and confetti. (FREE)
- Paper Party 3: This 12×12 canvas includes 1 party hat and 8 circles for the garland. ($0.99)
HOW TO MAKE PAPER PILLOW BOXES
Cutting and Assembling Paper Pillow Boxes with Your Cricut
- Cut the paper using your Cricut and a pillow box template. You will need to use both a cutting blade and a scoring tool.
Search the words “pillow box” in the free section of the Design Space library or use one of my canvasses above.
- Fold along the scored lines and add a line of glue to the thin flap.
- Glue the flap to the underside of the opposite flap.
- On one end, carefully bend the rounded flap that does not have a notch cut out in.
- Carefully fold in the rounded flap with the notch.
- Add whatever treats or gifts to the inside of the box, then close the opposite end using Steps 4 and 5.
DIY PAPER PILLOW BOXES
Now you can make as many paper pillow boxes as you need for your party! Have you checked out all the other paper party supplies I have shared this week?
CRICUT PARTY WEEK
Be sure to visit my friends’ blogs, The Country Chic Cottage, 30 Minute Crafts, and 100 Directions, as well as coming back here all this week for more fun party ideas that can be made with your Cricut.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter