Specialty plates make for beautiful table settings, but it can be expensive to buy multiple sets of dinner plates. Use patterned paper and inexpensive glass plates to customize your own dinnerware to suit your decor perfectly! With this simple process, you can turn those plain plates into dishwasher-safe decoupaged plates!
DISHWASHER-SAFE DECOUPAGED PLATES
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE DECOUPAGED PLATES
I found my glass plates at Dollar Tree, but you can use any glass plate for this tutorial. The flatter the base of the plate is, the better, since flat paper adheres to flat surfaces without bubbles or wrinkling.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- Clear glass plates
- Rubbing alcohol
- Dishwasher-safe Mod Podge
- Tropical leaf printable (see below)
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
SAVING THE PRINTABLE
I am so excited to share the tropical leaf printable with you free! To access it, sign up for a Mad in Crafts Freebies Membership using the form above or by signing up HERE. Don’t worry, the membership won’t cost you a penny, but it WILL give you access to all of the freebies I have shared here on Mad in Crafts.
HOW TO MAKE DECOUPAGED PLATES DISHWASHER-SAFE
Watch this short video to see how easy it is to transform plain glass plates! I have plenty more creative videos on my YouTube channel, so be sure to check them out!
Dishwasher-safe Decoupaged Plates
- Print off the palm fronds printable (Download)) (or any other image of your choosing) using a color printer.
- Thoroughly clean the glass plate with rubbing alcohol to remove dust and grime.
- Trace the underside of the plate onto the back of the printed paper.
- Cut along your traced lines.
- Add an even layer of decoupage medium onto the underside of the glass plate.
- Carefully place the paper onto the underside of the plate.
- Seal in place with more decoupage medium.
- Allow to cure according to package directions before using.