The holidays always make me want to bake! Whether it’s sugar cookies, gingerbread, or chocolate cookies, I like to give (and receive) Christmas cookies in December. If you are planning on gifting treats this holiday season, you can keep them safe, and unbroken, with this clever container hack. Make a Cricut Christmas cookie gift canister out of upcycled Pringles cans!
Thanks to Cricut for sponsoring this post. I was compensated for my work, but the opinions are 100% my own.
CRICUT CHRISTMAS COOKIE GIFT CANISTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO DECORATE A PRINGLES CAN TO GIFT CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Cricut makes such a huge range of beautiful adhesive vinyl that I had a hard time narrowing down what products I wanted to use for this project. When you decorate the chip container with vinyl, you don’t need to worry about paper ripping or tape showing — the vinyl applies beautifully!
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- empty Pringles containers
- Cricut Explore 3
- Cricut cutting mat
- Cricut removable vinyl
- Cricut removable vinyl
- Cricut glitter vinyl
- white cardstock
- Foil transfer kit
- Foil transfer sheets
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF A PRINGLES CAN?
You will want to start with a Pringles can that is emptied of chips, and that has been cleaned out. Use a damp paper towel to wipe the inside of the canister to remove any crumbs or flavor dust that might still be in the can.
To cover a Pringles can with vinyl, you will need to cut a rectangle that is 9.5 inches wide by 8.875 inches tall. Open Cricut Design Space and make a new canvas. In Design Space, click the Shapes button in the left menu, choose the rectangle option, and resize it to these dimensions.
To add vinyl to the plastic lid of the Pringles can create a circle with a diameter of 2.8 inches. Again, click the Shapes button, choose the circle option, and resize it to the correct size.
Now you can use your Cricut machine to cut vinyl to the exact dimensions of the Pringles canister. You can create layers of vinyl by cutting additional pieces with different dimensions. For example, you can create a stripe by cutting a rectangle of vinyl that is 9.5 inches wide by 2 inches tall.
HOW TO MAKE FOILED GIFT TAGS
Cricut foiled gift tags
- Add a tag image from Cricut Access into a Design Space canvas.
- Search Cricut Access for draw-only designs.
- Resize the design to fit the tag shape.
- Select the draw image. Click the drop-down operations menu, and choose Foil. Then choose the foil transfer tip size that you want to use.
- This will change the color of the draw image in the canvas.
- Select the tag image and the draw image and click Attach in the right-hand menu.
- Click Make It and make note of where the designs will fall on the cutting mat.
- Insert the foil transfer tip into the housing. Insert the housing into the Cricut machine.
- Place cardstock on a cutting mat. Tape a piece of transfer foil to the area of the cardstock where the design will go.
- Press the Go button. When the software prompts you, replace the foil transfer housing with the fine cut blade. Remove the foil from the cardstock and press the Go button again.
- Add the beautiful foiled tag to the cookie container with a piece of ribbon or twine.
DECORATED PRINGLES CAN COOKIE CONTAINER
Stack your Christmas cookies and slide them into the container. The Pringles canister will keep the cookies very safe, but you can also wrap the cookies in parchment or wax paper before placing them in the canister.
This is such a pretty way to package Christmas treats for your friends and neighbors. You don’t have to limit the treats to cookies either! These Christmas cookie containers can hold fudge, Chex mix, chocolate-covered pretzels, homemade candy… really any of the delicious snacks that you make over the holidays.
You might like these other Christmas Cricut crafts:
CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN CHALKBOARD CALENDAR