These cheesy jalapeno crescent rolls are a fun and delicious variation on everyone’s favorite dinner roll. By adding the flavors of cheese and jalapeno to the buttery rolls, you create a bold roll that works equally well as a dinner side or a game day snack.Jump to Recipe
CHEESY JALAPENO CRESCENT ROLLS
WHAT IS NEEDED TO MAKE JALAPENO CRESCENT ROLLS?
You should grab original refrigerator crescent rolls from the refrigerated section of the grocery store for this recipe. You don’t necessarily need to buy name brand, but I do really like the Pillbury version. Don’t substitute canned jalapenos for fresh, as the canned ones will add too much moisture to the recipe.
These are all affiliate links, if you purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are how I can keep this website running and offer you free tutorials all year. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- original crescent rolls
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- fresh jalapeno
- mozzarella cheese
- cheddar cheese
- basting brush
- baking sheet
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
CHEESY JALAPENO CRESCENT ROLL RECIPE
These crescent rolls can be eaten at room temperature, but they are best served warm. I recommend waiting to bake them until just before your meal (or football party).
CHEESY JALAPENO CRESCENT ROLLSPrint Pin
- cookie sheet
- basting brush
- 1 package crescent rolls 8 count
- 3 TBSP butter melted
- 2 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 TBSP parsley chopped
- 2 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 8 individual triangles. Set aside
- Chop the parsley, slice the jalapenos, and mince the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic and parsley to a small saucepan. Keep warm over low heat.
- Top a crescent roll with a sprinkling of both shredded cheeses and 3-4 jalapeno slices.
- Roll the crescent roll dough up from the wide base of the triangle to the pointed tip of the triangle and place the roll on the greased baking sheet.
- Continue until all 8 rolls are complete.
- Use a brush to brush the garlic herb butter on top of each crescent roll.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top of each crescent roll.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes before serving.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE JALAPENO POPPER CRESCENT ROLLS
- Be sure to place the jalapenos on the dough so that you get some jalapeno in every bite.
- You can customize the spice level of these rolls by choosing how much of the ribs and seeds of the peppers to keep in each slice.
- Add protein, and more delicious flavor, to the crescent rolls by adding some crumbled, cooked bacon on top of the shredded cheese in each roll.
- Serve the baked rolls with a few dipping sauces. Ranch dressing, marinara, and bleu cheese all work well.
- You can swap out the cheddar and mozzerella cheese for a melty cheese of your choosing. Sharp cheddar cheese, monterey jack, pepper jack, and colby would all be delicious.
- Did you know that Pillsbury brand crescent rolls are vegan? You can make this whole recipe vegan by substituting vegan butter and cheese.
- Uneaten rolls can be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days.