Celebrating the 100th day of school wasn’t a thing when I was in grade school, but I think it is a fun way to commemorate the accomplishment of getting so far into the school year. Both students and teachers put a lot of work into every school day, so celebrating that milestone is a great way to reinforce what the kids have learned! As a former English teacher, my mind always goes to literary education, so I created this simple worksheet as a way to encourage journaling. Use my 100th Day of School writing prompts to get your students’ creative writing juices flowing!
100TH DAY OF SCHOOL WRITING PROMPTS WORKSHEET
HOW TO GET THE PRINTABLE
I am so excited to give you these printables (and so many others) for free! To access the printables, sign up for a Mad in Crafts Freebies Membership using the form or by signing up HERE. Don’t worry, the membership won’t cost you a penny, but it WILL give you access to all of the freebies I have shared here on Mad in Crafts.
You will find this printable in the KIDS section of the Freebie Gallery.
HOW TO USE THE 100TH DAY JOURNALING WORKSHEET
First, you will need to save the free printable to your computer and then print off as many copies as your students will need. I designed the printable so that it works equally well in color and in grey-scale (because I know color copies can get expensive!).
The printable gives your students five different prompts related to the number 100. This encourages students to think of concepts in this large number and to use critical thinking skills to finish the prompts. Two tacos are great, but would 100 tacos be too many? Is there such a thing as too many tacos?
This worksheet can be used for primary grade students as well as older grade school students. I left plenty of room in the prompt boxes so that pre-reading students can draw their responses, older students can write one-word answers, or more advanced students can write full sentences.
MORE 100 DAYS PRINTABLES
My creative friends have created even more fun printables for the 100th Day of School! Visit the links below to download them all for free.
- 100 Days of School Treat Bag Toppers
- 100 Things Journal Page from Mad in Crafts
- 100 Days Color by Number from Persia Lou
- 100 Doodles to Color by 100 Directions
- 100 Days Glasses Coloring Page by Everyday Party Magazine
- 100 Days Bookmarks by Artsy Fartsy Mama
- 100 Days Certificate by Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- 100 Days Coloring Pages by Happiness is Homemade
- 100 Days Balloon Free Printable by Tried & True
- 100 Days I-Spy from Liz on Call
- 100 Days Activities Challenge by Hello Creative Family
- 100 Day of School Monsters by Crafting in the Rain
- 100 Days Dice Tally Game by Brooklyn Berry Designs
- 100 Days of School Crack the Code by Kara Creates
You might like these other freebies:
FREE 100 DAYS SVG FOR TEACHERS