YOU GUYS. Reese’s. Peanut Butter. Crack. People are always telling me that my crack candy recipe should come with a warning, and this month’s version DEFINITELY does. I’ve taken my basic Christmas Crack recipe and swapped out the chocolate for Reese’s peanut butter. Yes, oh, yes, this peanut butter crack candy is highly addictive, but worth every calorie.
You can find the Reese’s peanut butter chips in the baking aisle and the mini Reese’s cups in the candy aisle. If you can’t find them in-store I will have link at the end of the post. I chose to cut my mini cups in half so you get a cross-section of those beautiful cups, but you could just as easily keep them whole.
After the candy hardened, I packaged it up in 8 ounce mason jars and added a gift tag. It is imperative that I get this candy out of the house, or I will sit and shame eat the whole batch. If you would like to add the warning tag to your gift jars, you can find the free printable version HERE.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Club crackers
- 10 oz. bag Reese's peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Reese's mini cups, halved
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Boil for four minutes.
- Cover a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Line the pan with a layer of club crackers.
- Pour the butter mixture over the crackers, making sure they are all saturated.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Take pan out and sprinkle peanut butter chips over crackers.
- Cover the pan with foil to help the chips melt.
- Spread the chips with an offset spatula or spoon.
- Sprinkle the mini cups over the candy.
- Freeze for two hours.
- Remove the pan from the fridge and peel off aluminum foil.
- Crack candy into pieces.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Make sure to check out the other projects my blogging friends shared today as well:
GLOW IN THE DARK BUG JAR – THE COUNTRY CHIC COTTAGE
CARAMEL APPLE CRUNCH CHEESECAKE – THE COTTAGE MARKET
COMICS MASON JAR TEACHER GIFT – YESTERDAY ON TUESDAY
LIQUID SIDEWALK CHALK – THE SHABBY CREEK COTTAGE
Interested in other versions of my crack candy?
Well I really am sorry that I looked at this post!!! This is getting made tomorrow period the end. It has my sons favorite things in life in it…club crackers and reese’s peanut butter cups!!! To be honest…I can’t resist those little cups of peanut butter either : ) Just worried about the addictive warning lol!!! Thanks for sharing this one…it gets a 5 Star YUM!!!