A few of my friends and family have babies due in the coming months, and while most of them are too far away for me to throw them a shower, a girl can still dream! My friend Angie from The Country Chic Cottage and I are sharing twelve mason jar projects that are perfect for a DIY baby shower. First up is my simple tutorial to put together a beautiful centerpiece using a mason jar and fresh flowers.
I have put together a list of affiliate links for all the products I used in this tutorial. If you choose to purchase after clicking through, I will receive a small commission. Thanks!
The item that makes this centerpiece so quick and easy are these mason jar frog inserts. You get four of them in a package, so you can easily make multiple arrangements.
Just slip the frog (that’s what that wire grid is called) into the lid of the mason jar and twist the lid on like usual.
The wire grid provides small sections into which you can place the stems of flowers. The grid keeps the flowers in place, so you don’t have to worry about balancing one bloom on top of each other. The frogs are also great if you need to transport the centerpieces from one location to another. The flowers won’t shift en route!
I purchased a small bouquet of flowers from my local grocery store and trimmed the ends of the stems off so they were the right height. One by one, I slipped them through the frog until I liked how the centerpiece looked.
You could leave the centerpiece like that or you can add some pretty embellishments to the jar. I chose some pretty pink rosette ribbon and feminine lace, cut it to fit, and attached it to the jar with glue dots.
This is a very cost effective way to pull together glamorous centerpieces for a baby shower, bridal shower, or for a Mother’s Day brunch! Angie and I pulled together twelve of our mason jar projects along with ways to use them at your baby shower.
1. GILDED MASON JARS: Add an elegant touch to basic mason jar vases by gilding them!
2. SCENTED SALT SCRUB: Send shower guests home with a way to pamper themselves.
3. MASON JAR PLANT MARKERS: Blue for a boy, pink for a girl! Then send the plants home with shower guests.
4. LAVENDER SUGAR SCRUBS: Relaxing lavender scrub makes a game prize everyone will want to win.
5. HOMEMADE SOAKING SALTS: Soaking salts are another thoughtful shower favor.
6. LACE MASON JAR VASE: These pretty painted jars would look gorgeous as a table centerpiece.
7. MASON JAR SPRING VASE: Flowers are everywhere on these pretty jar vases.
8. TWO-TONED DYED JARS: Use these pretty two-toned jars as vases or candle holders.
9. COCONUT OIL & HONEY HAIR MASK: Another way to pamper your shower guests.
10. MASON JAR CHEESE TRAY: Set up a cheese tasting table using mason jars.
11. MASON JAR FLOWER CENTERPIECE: You can easily arrange fresh flowers in a jar with a frog insert.
12. RUBBER DUCK MASON JAR FAVORS: Your guests will love favors topped with adorable golden duckies!
Let's be buds.
Subscribe to the Mad in Crafts newsletter and get a FREE copy of my newest ebook, Happy Crafts: Nine Colorful Crafts You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less.