This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Schreiber Foods, INC.. All opinions are entirely my own.
My kids are getting to the age where they are capable of fetching their own after-school snacks, and I am loving it! Soon we will be venturing past just grabbing a cereal bar out of the pantry, to the adventure of simple snack recipes they can make themselves. These pizza roll-ups are huge hits with kids, and they are simple enough to make themselves. You may need to do a little knife work for them, but the cutting in this recipe can also be done with a butter knife or kitchen shears.
Since the cheese sticks are made with milk, they are good source of calcium and protein. I always keep cheese sticks in our fridge because they make the best on-the-go snack — for me and my kids! Both of my kids are superhero fans, so Marvel® Avengers String Cheese from Walmart are a fave. It’s a fun surprise to find Captain America in your lunchbox~
- Use an unwrapped Marvel® Avengers String Cheese to measure the width of your tortilla. Use a sharp knife to carefully cut the sides of the tortilla so that it is the same width as the cheese. You don’t want any pizza roll-up slices without cheese!
- Add a small amount of pizza sauce onto the tortilla. Don’t use too much or it will make a big mess when you roll it up. Use a knife or spoon to spread the sauce all over the tortilla.
- Add two pieces of salami or several pieces of pepperoni on top of the sauce.
- Add one piece of Marvel® Avengers String Cheese to the bottom of the tortilla.
- Slowly roll the Marvel® Avengers String Cheese up in the meat and tortilla.
- Carefully cut the roll up into pieces. Enjoy!
You will be amazed at how much these roll-ups taste like pizza! One of these roll-ups makes a tasty after-school snack, but you could also make two roll-ups in the morning and bring them to school for lunch with some healthy veggies.
I also like to make the roll-ups with vegetable wraps. I arranged this one into a festive Christmas tree for a fun holiday treat! For more kid’s activities and tips for moms, visit CheeseAdventures.com. You’ll also find a coupon for $1 off on a Marvel® String Cheese product (expires 1/15/2017).
What's for dinner?
Are you as sick of that question as I am? Subscribe to get delicious recipes sent straight to your inbox!