In the earliest months of Mad in Crafts, I shared a tutorial for a simple ornament wreath using ornaments from the dollar store. I wanted to revisit the tutorial, and create a video so that it is even easier to see how to assemble the wreath. I purchased $9 worth of ornaments from Dollar Tree to create a wreath that looks like a million bucks!
Watch this video to see exactly how I put together this pretty wreath. Give me an early Christmas present by subscribing to my YouTube channel! I release two new videos every week, including some content that I don’t share over here on the blog.
The last time I made one of these wreaths, I stuck to traditional reds and greens. This time around I selected gold and champagne ornaments for a tonal look. That’s the great thing about this project, you can customize it to suit just about any decor style.
My best tips for making this wreath:
- You can try to Hulk your way through bending the hanger into a circle, but it will be much easier if you use pliers to help.
- Take the time to glue the tops to the ornaments. I didn’t the first time I made the wreath, and I was chasing escaped ornaments that rolled underneath every piece of furniture we owned.
- Once the wreath is finished, you can carefully spin the ornaments around the wire if you would like to change the positioning of the ornaments.
- The wreath will not lay flat against your wall or door, so use a length or ribbon or large door hanger to hang the wreath.
- Buy cheap ornaments. Even if you don’t buy them at the dollar store, don’t spend much on the ornaments. Even cheapo ornaments look pretty all grouped together.
You might like these other Christmas wreath tutorials: