In the earliest months of Mad in Crafts, I shared a tutorial for a simple ornament wreath using ornaments from the dollar store. I wanted to revisit the tutorial, and create a video so that it is even easier to see how to assemble the wreath. I purchased $9 worth of ornaments from Dollar Tree to create a dollar store ornament wreath that looks like a million bucks!
Watch this video to see exactly how I put together this pretty wreath. Give me an early Christmas present by subscribing to my YouTube channel! I release two new videos every week, including some content that I don’t share over here on the blog.
The last time I made one of these wreaths, I stuck to traditional reds and greens. This time around I selected gold and champagne ornaments for a tonal look. That’s the great thing about this project, you can customize it to suit just about any decor style.
My best tips for making this wreath:
- You can try to Hulk your way through bending the hanger into a circle, but it will be much easier if you use pliers to help.
- Take the time to glue the tops to the ornaments. I didn’t the first time I made the wreath, and I was chasing escaped ornaments that rolled underneath every piece of furniture we owned.
- Once the wreath is finished, you can carefully spin the ornaments around the wire if you would like to change the positioning of the ornaments.
- The wreath will not lay flat against your wall or door, so use a length or ribbon or large door hanger to hang the wreath.
- Buy cheap ornaments. Even if you don’t buy them at the dollar store, don’t spend much on the ornaments. Even cheapo ornaments look pretty all grouped together.