Some days are just rough, you know? Not end-of-the-world catastrophic, or making-an-appearance-on-COPS traumatic, just rough. But even on those disappointing, tiring days, there’s still cookies. Delicious, life-affirming cookies that remind you that tomorrow is another day.
I think this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever made. The defining ingredient is the Biscoff cookie spread. The stuff is magical, on par with Nutella. The spread gives the cookie an extra brown sugar taste boost and a soft, chewy texture. So yum.
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. Biscoff spread
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Sift the flour and mix in the salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together the softened butter and Biscoff spread.
- Cream the sugars into the butter mixture.
- Add in the egg, the additional egg white, and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet, slowly while mixing.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Don’t overbake!
Did you like this post? Think it’s worth sharing? Please share with your friends using the social media share buttons on the toolbar at the bottom of the page!
Let's be buds.
Subscribe to the Mad in Crafts newsletter and get a FREE copy of my newest ebook, Happy Crafts: Nine Colorful Crafts You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less.