If there are two things I know about summer vacation, it’s that 1) my kids are always hungry and 2) my kids are always bored. This simple snack idea solves both of these problems, if only temporarily. You can get your kids involved in making summer skies jello because it’s as fun to make as it is delicious!
SUMMER SKIES JELLO SNACK
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE SUMMER JELLO
This snack is very simple to make for your family, but it is also extremely easy to scale the process up to make enough for a party! Two 3 ounces packages of jello make 5-6 good-sized portions. You can double or triple the batch if you are making this for a crowd.
I recommend using canned whipped cream rather than cool whip as it creates prettier cloud shapes.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- berry blue jello mix (made according to package instructions)
- canned whipped cream
- clear plastic cups or parfait glasses
- Optional: plastic spoons
- Optional: yellow or orange paper
- Optional: Cricut
- Optional: Cricut sticker paper
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE BLUE SKY JELLO PARFAITS
I don’t even think this snack counts as a recipe since it is so simple! Basically, you are preparing jello and layering it in cups with squirts of whipped cream. Your kids will love helping to assemble this jello dessert that looks like the blue skies of summer.
Summer Skies Jello Snack
- Make the blue jello according to the package directions, and let it set up fully.
- Cut or stir the jello with a knife or a large spoon to break it up so that it will conform to the shape of the plastic cups.
- Alternate small scoops of the blue jello with little squirts of canned whipped cream. Keep the whipped cream near the walls of the cup to achieve the look of fluffy clouds.
- Optional: Cut sun shapes out of yellow or orange sticker paper with a Cricut or out of construction paper by hand.
- Optional: Draw a smiling face on the paper suns.
- Optional: Add the sun stickers to the ends of the plastic spoons. Place the spoons in the cups of the finished jello snacks.
SERVING THE SUMMER JELLO TREATS
Once the jello and whipped cream settle into the cups, it looks just like a gorgeous summer sky, full of fair-weather clouds! The spoons stand straight up in the jello to look like the sun shining above the clouds!
The smiling suns are completely optional, but they are an adorable addition especially if you are making this fun dessert for a party.
This would be a fun treat to welcome your kids home on their first day of summer vacation or an easy activity to keep them occupied two days later when they are already bored.