Whether you are heading back to school or just an avid reader, this time of year is book reading season! Curling up with a soft blanket and good book is my idea of a perfect evening. When you are finished reading for the night, you can use these printable corner bookmarks to make sure you don’t lose your place. I created four different designs that bookworms are sure to love.
Choose your favorite design, then give the others to your book-loving friends! Each design features a literary pun that we book nerds think are HILARIOUS.
Begin by printing out the PDF files of the corner bookmarks. I have found that you will get best results by printing using your printer’s highest quality setting on good printer paper. Cut the bookmarks out using scissors, if you have a steady hand, or a paper cutter.
To fold your corner bookmarks:
- Position the bookmark face down, as shown in step 1 above. Place a piece of double-sided tape on the bottom point of the bookmark.
- Fold that point up to meet the V indent of the bookmark. You should have one colored triangle showing.
- Fold the left triangle down to cover this colored triangle.
- Place a piece of double-sided tape on the left side of this new triangle.
- Fold the right triangle down onto this piece of tape. Your bookmark design should now be visible.
There should be a little pocket-like opening at the bottom of the bookmark. When you take a break from reading, just grab a few pages of your book and slide the bookmark onto their top corners. The bookmark will settle right into place, keeping your spot until the next time you pick up the book to read.
Because they sit on the corner of the book these bookmarks make it quick and easy to find the spot where you left off reading! Plus you get to see that goofy pun every time you crack open the book.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!