This recipe post was sponsored by Avocados From Mexico in partnership with the Mom It Forward Influencer Network. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
We love watching all the big football games that take place early in the year. It’s always fun to do a bit of “homegating” with friends and family. Spend the day eating and hanging out before the game ever starts. I don’t want to spend too much time fussing in the kitchen, so these slow cooker breakfast burritos are a perfect game day meal. You can put all the ingredients into the slow cooker the night before the game, and by morning you have a delicious, hot breakfast ready!
I add extra flavor to the eggs by adding in a few tablespoons of TABASCO® Sauce. TABASCO® Sauce is versatile and will liven up almost any recipe or dish.
TABASCO® Sauce is made with 3 simple ingredients: tabasco peppers, a small amount of salt and high-quality vinegar. Those TABASCO® Sauce ingredients are marinated for three years in wood barrels before the sauce is bottled. Ingredients like eggs and potatoes really do need the flavor that the hot sauce adds. This recipe calls for just enough TABASCO® Sauce to add flavor without having to worry about it being too spicy when it is finished.
However, if you, like me, love the flavor of TABASCO® Sauce, you can always add more to your burrito when you assemble it!
If you are serving these burritos to a crowd, I suggest setting up a makeshift build-your-own-burrito bar with warm tortillas, cheese, TABASCO® Sauce, Avocados from Mexico, and sour cream.
This recipe will make plenty of breakfast burritos, so invite your friends over for a great game day celebration!
- 16 oz. breakfast sausage, cooked
- 32 oz. frozen cubed hashbrowns
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup shredded queso blanco
- 2 T. TABASCO® Sauce
- salt and pepper
- Spray the crock pot thoroughly with cooking spray. Whisk together eggs, TABASCO® Sauce, cheese, salt and pepper. Layer cooked sausage, hashbrowns, and egg mixture into the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir the crock pot mixture together and spoon onto tortillas. Top with cheese, TABASCO® Sauce, Avocados From Mexico, sour cream, etc. Wrap and enjoy!