As we inch closer to warm summer months, I like to have a selection of easy, tasty dinners that I can either make quickly or make earlier in the day. That way I don’t have to be chained to the kitchen when my kids want to be outside playing. This simple pasta salad can be made early and the flavors only improve with refrigeration. It is also a great salad to bring to cookouts or potlucks since the dressing contains no mayo.
You can add or substitute vegetables to suit your family’s tastes. If I weren’t also feeding this to my picky kids, I would have added in black olives and banana peppers – yum! The pepperoni can be swapped for salami or even grilled chicken. The only caveat I would share is that if you are planning on adding chopped onions to the salad, wait to add them until just before you serve or the dish will taste like nothing but onions.
- 1 lb. whole wheat rotini, cooked and cooled
- 1 c. Italian dressing
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 4 oz. pepperoni, cut in halves
- 1 can artichokes, chopped
- 1 c. shredded mozzerella
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss to coat everything with dressing.
- Chill until read to serve.
Did you like this post? Think it’s worth sharing? Please share with your friends using the social media share buttons at the bottom of the page!