I LOVE paper circle garlands!!! Whether you drape them behind a food table or dangle them from the ceiling, they make a huge impact, and they couldn’t be easier to make. I cut out my paper circle garland with my Cricut machine and hand-sewed it together. If you have a sewing machine, the process is even faster!
MAKE A PAPER CIRCLE GARLAND WITH YOUR CRICUT
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE A CIRCLE GARLAND
I’m sharing another DIY party supply tutorial today that I made from that same pack of scrapbook paper. The color, pattern, or theme of scrapbook paper doesn’t matter, but I do suggest you find paper that is printed on BOTH sides of the paper.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
USING SCRAPBOOK PAPER FOR YOUR PARTY SUPPLIES
I hate spending a ton of money on party supplies since they usually just get thrown away at the end of the night. I do like having my party supplies coordinated, however. The solution is to buy a pack of scrapbook paper, and get as much out of that pack as humanly possible! I created three Design Space canvasses that make very little paper waste to save you money.
- Paper Party 1: This 12×12 canvas includes 2 cupcake wrappers, 2 straw flags, 2 pillow boxes, and 4 circles for the garland. (FREE)
- Paper Party 2: This 12×12 canvas includes 2 pillow boxes, 4 circles for the garland, 4 straw flags, 2 water bottle wrappers, and confetti. (FREE)
- Paper Party 3: This 12×12 canvas includes 1 party hat and 8 circles for the garland. ($0.99)
MAKING A CIRCLE GARLAND FROM SCRAPBOOK PAPER
Cutting and Assembling the Paper Circle Garland
- Cut the circles from scrapbook paper using your Cricut.
You can use the canvasses I shared above, or you can create your own circles. If you create your own, I recommend adding tiny circle cutouts to two sides of each circle to make hand-sewing the garland easier.
- Thread a needle and poke it through one of the holes in a circle.
- Thread the needle through the other hole on the opposite side of the circle.
- Repeat for all the circles in your garland!
USING A PAPER CIRCLE GARLAND
You can drape a paper circle garland like bunting or hang several of them vertically from the ceiling. The garlands add a ton of color, pattern, and movement to your party decor, and they are so easy to make!