One of the products I was most excited about at Creativation was the new Mod Podge formula from Plaid. Mod Podge Ultra is a game-changing craft supply that opens up so many new creative possibilities. Although this new product has tons of uses, today I wanted to share how to use Mod Podge Ultra as an adhesive in your home decor projects.
HOW TO USE MOD PODGE ULTRA AS AN ADHESIVE
What is Mod Podge Ultra?
Mod Podge Ultra a new multi-surface adhesive from Plaid that can be used on wood, metal, and fabric. It comes in both gloss and matte finishes in a spray bottle. Ultra is different from standard Mod Podge formulas. It is thin enough to be sprayed through the pump nozzle but has EXTREMELY strong adhesion properties. Because of that, you can use Ultra for a wide range of crafts.
How Do You Use Mod Podge Ultra?
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- Mod Podge Ultra – Gloss
- Unicorn craft shape
- Star-shaped gems
- Color Shift paint
- White craft paint
- Glitterific paint
- Gems – dollar store or HERE
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
Tips for Working with Mod Podge Ultra
- Protect your work surface: Since Mod Podge Ultra is a spray, you will want to protect your work surface before you begin crafting.
- Prime the spray bottle: Pump the spray nozzle into a rag or paper towel before you begin crafting to ensure there is no sputtering on your project.
- Spray twice: When using Mod Podge Ultra as an adhesive, first spray the surface of your project. Add any embellishments, then spray over the embellishments to seal them in place.
- Keep the piece level: Mod Podge Ultra will create an incredible bond when dry, but while it is still wet your embellishments may slip if they are not on a level surface.
- Clean the nozzle to prevent clogs: After you have finished using Mod Podge Ultra, remove the pump mechanism. Spray any product that remains in the tubing into a rag or paper towel. Place the nozzle into warm water to soak for at least 10 minutes. Spray warm water through the pump mechanism. Then spray any water that remains in the pump mechanism into a rag or paper towel before replacing the pump mechanism on the bottle.
- Clean messes with soap and water: Mod Podge Ultra is water-based so overspray can be cleaned with soap and water.
What are the Benefits of Using Mod Podge Ultra?
- Since Mod Podge Ultra is a spray it leaves no brushstrokes.
- Mod Podge Ultra dries to a hard, non-tacky, and durable finish.
- Mod Podge Ultra’s thin formula is self-leveling.
- Cured Mod Podge Ultra’s finish is scratch & water resistant.
- Mod Podge Ultra can be used for both indoor and outdoor projects.
I am so excited for you to try out this new product. If you make something using this new Mod Podge formula, please share it with me on social media by tagging @madincrafts!