My family has never been on a cruise before, and we aren’t likely to any time soon, but my friends who have been told me about the cute ways that the cruise ship staff folds towels for rooms with kids. I know my daughter would swoon over a surprise puppy towel left folded on her bed. I decided to learn how to fold a simple towel puppy to give her that same surprise at home.
HOW TO FOLD A SIMPLE TOWEL PUPPY
WHAT YOU NEED TO CREATE A FOLDED PUPPY TOWEL
You will need a few basic craft supplies to make a folded towel puppy at home, but they are all super inexpensive items.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- hand towel
- elastic band
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
HOW TO FOLD A TOWEL INTO A PUPPY
Folding a Towel Puppy
- Lay the hand towel on a flat surface.
- Roll each long end tightly until the rolls meet in the center.
- Place your finger across the towel, just slightly to one side of center.
- Fold the towel rolls over your finger and pinch the folded towel together.
- Gather another fold of the rolled towel on the other side of your finger.
- Secure those folds with a small elastic. Tuck the ends of the rolled towel under the elastic.
- When you set the folded towel up on its “legs” you will begin to see the puppy take shape!
- Cut a long rounded strip of felt, that is slightly thinner in the middle than at the ends. This will serve as the puppy’s ears.
You can also cut out a small felt shape to serve as the puppy’s nose.
- Thread the long strip of felt through the hole in the upper fold of the rolled towel. Fluff the felt ears into place.
- Set the felt nose in place on the pup’s snout.
- Finally, tie a ribbon around the puppy’s neck to hide the elastic.
DIY FOLDED TOWEL PUPPY
And there is your finished towel puppy, ready to delight your kids at the end of the day. This is a sweet way to bring a little bit of the magic of destination vacations to your home this year!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Disney Junior.
Linda Smith says
This is so, so cute!! I’ve always wanted to learn how to fold towels into cute animals 🙂
Mary Beth says
This is TOO cute!!!! I think my youngest son would like this and my little nephews. I can’t wait to make this for each of them.
Oh my stars – so darn cute!! I’ve always wanted to know how they fold the towels into the cute little animals!
Nancy @ Artsy Chicks Rule says
That is the cutest thing ever!!