My kids love ice cream sandwiches. What kid doesn’t, right? This summer try your hand at making your own at home. My easy homemade mascarpone ice cream sandwiches can be made without an ice cream machine. What are you waiting for? You are only a few short hours away from delicious ice cream sammies!Jump to Recipe
HOMEMADE MASCARPONE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
The best part of this cream mascarpone ice cream recipe is that no ice cream maker is needed! Just mix the creamy ingredients together and freeze.
These are all affiliate links, if you purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are how I can keep this website running and offer you free tutorials all year. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
HOW TO MAKE NO-CHURN ICE CREAM WITH MASCARPONE
Start by mixing the base of the ice cream together in a large mixing. A stand mixer is best for this, but a hand-held mixer will work too.
After the ice cream comes together you can add in any flavorings or mix-ins that you would like. This recipe is endlessly adaptable, and I have listed some tasty flavoring ideas at the end of the post.
Fold those mix-ins into the ice cream base until they are evenly distributed throughout the cream. Then you can spread the mascarpone mixture onto the graham crackers with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
MASCARPONE ICE CREAM SANDWICH RECIPE
This easy recipe makes two dozen graham cracker ice cream sandwiches. Store them in freezer storage bags to enjoy in the hot summer weather!
HOMEMADE MASCARPONE ICE CREAM SANDWICHESPrint Pin
- mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- 24 graham crackers
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and lay out 12 graham crackers.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, vanilla, and mascarpone into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat ingredients with an electric mixer on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Once your ingredients are fully combined, turn your mixer on high and beat for 5-8 minutes until fluffy.
- Fold in chocolate chips or other mix-ins.
- Spread the ice cream mixture across the graham crackers creating a thick even layer.
- Place 12 more graham crackers on top of the ice cream mixture and gently press down to release the air bubbles.
- Freeze for at least three hours.
- Once frozen you can break apart the sandwiches into 24 pieces.
- Store is a gallon size freezer bag and enjoy!
VARIATIONS ON THE MASCARPONE ICE CREAM
This mascarpone ice cream recipe is a great base for a whole range of mix-ins and flavorings, so can modify it to suit your taste. Here are a few ideas that would make delicious ice cream sandwiches:
- Sauces: caramel, fudge, jam
- Sliced fruit: strawberries, bananas, teachers
- Chopped candy or cookies: Andes mints, Butterfinger, Oreos, Nutter Butters
- Flavorings: instant espresso powder, cocoa powder, mint extract
- Nuts: peanuts, almonds, cashews