For some reason, I had never made my own granola before. I think I had this idea in my head that it would require expensive ingredients and lots of prep work. I was so wrong! Granola is easy to make, and you can use whichever ingredients tickle your fancy. I had a lot of fun making a delicious batch of homemade maple pecan cranberry granola.Jump to Recipe
HOMEMADE MAPLE PECAN CRANBERRY GRANOLA
MAPLE PECAN CRANBERRY GRANOLA RECIPE
While you can flavor your granola however you would like, I chose to give this batch a decidedly fall flavor profile. There’s no pumpkin in sight, unfortunately, but the recipe does call for three other fall favorites: cranberry, pecan, and maple.
HOMEMADE MAPLE PECAN CRANBERRY GRANOLAPrint Pin
- 2 ½ c. old-fashioned oats not the quick kind
- 1 c. pecans chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c. real maple syrup
- 2 T oil
- ⅔ c. craisins
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together combine oats, pecans, cinnamon, and salt.
- In separate bowl, combine oil and syrup.
- Coat dry mixture with syrup mixture.
- Spread half the mixture onto one pan, spreading into a single layer. Repeat this step with the rest of the mixture on the second pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 275 degree over. Stir granola halfway through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle craisins over the granola.
- Allow to fully cool before storing in mason jars or other air tight containers.
STORING AND USING HOMEMADE GRANOLA
Once my granola had been baked and cooled, I stored it in small 4 and 8 oz. mason jars. This keeps the granola nice and fresh, plus it is already in handy serving size when it comes time to eat it.
You can top the granola with a bit of milk or yogurt for a filling breakfast or quick snack. How would you flavor your homemade granola?
Be sure to visit these links for more fun fall projects featuring mason jars!
Printable Halloween Mason Jar Banner – The Cottage Market
Metallic Fall Jars – The Country Chic Cottage
Thankful Printable Cards – The Shabby Creek Cottage
Thanks! That sounds delicious!