Why do kids’ sports games always seem to fall right over meal times? Honestly, it is like we have either a practice or a game scheduled over the dinner house at least three times a week. I need some kind of snack that will keep my kids’ energy up through sports practice until we can get home and have a late dinner. This layered smoothie recipe is a simple way to get some protein in their bellies to last them till dinner.
ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream is great for these smoothies because it has 10g of protein per serving. That means that this smoothie actually fills my kids up so they aren’t whining for dinner in the middle of practice. Plus, it doesn’t tastes like other low fat ice creams. This stuff is GOOD. I tried the Dark Chocolate Toffee last week, and it is amazing too.
- 14 oz. Coconut ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream
- 8 oz. frozen berries
- 2 frozen bananas
- splash of milk (optional)
- Blend together ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream and bananas till smooth. Add in a splash of milk, if needed to thin the mixture.
- Fill glasses half full with ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream and banana mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Blend frozen berries with 1/2 cup ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream mixture till smooth.
- Layer the berry mixture into the glasses.
- Serve with a straw.
Just a little smoothie making tip: When your bananas start to get too brown to eat plain, peel them and put them in a freezer bag. I keep a stash of frozen bananas in my freezer for smoothies or banana bread all the time.
I found the ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream at my local Kroger store. ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Creams are available nationwide at Kroger and other banner stores. Before you head to the store take advantage of this online coupon, Buy 1 ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Creams Get 1 Free, now through 7/7 — while supplies last. Use this store locator to find a Kroger family store near you.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and ProYo, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #ProYoHighProteinIceCream http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”