I am always in awe of health care workers, but I have never appreciated them as much as I have in the past weeks. Their tireless work in unimaginable circumstances shows the amazing hearts they have for the patients they help. I created this nurse appreciation gift SVG that can be used on a wide variety of homemade cards and gifts. If you have the opportunity to thank a health care worker, DO IT!
FREE NURSE APPRECIATION GIFT SVG
DOWNLOAD THE FREE SVG FILE
Sign up for my SVG Club below for these free SVG files! As a member of the club, you will receive one new SVG file each month. These SVG files are ready to upload directly into your favorite cutting machine’s design software. Insert the file into a new project, then resize it to fit the project you will be making.
HOW TO PERSONALIZE AN SVG USING THE SLICE FEATURE
If you would like to personalize this heart stethoscope SVG with the recipient’s name, you can do that right in Design Space using the Slice feature. It takes a couple of simple steps, but it’s a great trick to have in your back pocket for personalizing gifts of all kinds.
Personalize an SVG Using Slice
- Upload the SVG to Design Space and insert it into your project.
You can resize the design now, or after you have personalized the design.
- Add the personalization using whatever font you would like.
Make sure that the name sits completely on top of the SVG design.
- Select BOTH the text and the original SVG design.
You can do this by holding the Shift button as you click on both layers. You will see that now both layers are highlighted in the toolbar on the right side of the screen.
- Click the Slice button.
You will find this button at the bottom of the right-side toolbar. It is the button furthest to the left.
- Drag the two sliced layers away from your main design.
It doesn’t matter where you put them, just move them out of the way for now.
- Delete the sliced layers.
Select each of these unnecessary layers and delete them.
- Resize your personalized design (if needed) and click the green Make It button.
- Cut your design from your desired material as usual.
If you are are using iron-on vinyl, don’t forget to mirror your design!
HEALTH CARE APPRECIATION GIFT IDEAS
SVGs files can be used for any project that you would make using your Cricut, from shirts to water bottles to cards. I asked my cousin who is an RN what kind of gifts health care workers would most appreciate right now, and these were some of her ideas.
- A tote bag filled with protein bars, Gatorade, foot cream, fuzzy socks, etc.
- Cozy socks
- Pocket organizer for our pens, scissors, hemostats, penlight, etc.
Other suggestions I thought of include:
- T-shirts and sweatshirts
- Water bottles
- Travel coffee mugs
- Gift card in a homemade card
- Car decals
MORE HEALTH CARE APPRECIATION SVG FILES
My creative friends have come up with 15 additional SVGs that all free to download. Get out there and show health care workers some love!
- Nurse Hat and Doctor Bag Tags and Bag Toppers from The Country Chic Cottage
- #teamfauci from The Kingston Home
- My Mom/Dad is a Nurse/Doctor Collection from Pineapple Paper Company
- Not All Angels Have Wings, Some Have Stethoscopes from That’s What Che Said
- Nursing is a Work of Art (Doctoring Also Available) from Hello Creative Family
- Nurse: Because Miracle Worker Isn’t a Job Title from Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- I’m a Nurse. What’s Your Superpower? from Happiness is Homemade
- Thank You EKG Heart from 100 Directions
- Hero in Scrubs from Everyday Party Magazine
- My Hero Wears Scrubs from Happy Go Lucky
- Thick Thighs & Saving Lives from See Lindsay
- Nurse Mode On/Off from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- You Can’t Scare Me, I’m a Nurse from Pattern Revolution
- Some Heroes Wear Scrubs from Crafting in the Rain
- Stethoscope Heart from Mad in Crafts
- Not All Heroes Wear Capes from 30 Minute Crafts