Paper straws have two benefits: they are better for the environment than plastic straws, and they come in such pretty colors and patterns. I added easy straw toppers made from scrapbook paper to make my straws a fun design element for my party setup.
EASY STRAW TOPPERS FROM SCRAPBOOK PAPER
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE PAPER STRAW TOPPERS
I’m making all my party supplies this week from this one pack of scrapbook paper. That way my whole party will look coordinated and purposeful, but I can still keep my party budget in check!
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- LightGrip mat
- Scoring wheel
- Scrapbook paper pack (paper printed on both sides)
- Paper straws
- Hot glue gun
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
USING SCRAPBOOK PAPER FOR YOUR PARTY SUPPLIES
I hate spending a ton of money on party supplies for kids birthdays since they usually just get thrown away at the end of the night. I do like having my party supplies coordinated, however. The solution is to buy a pack of scrapbook paper, and get as much out of that pack as humanly possible! I created three Design Space canvasses that make very little paper waste to save you money.
- Paper Party 1: This 12×12 canvas includes 2 cupcake wrappers, 2 straw flags, 2 pillow boxes, and 4 circles for the garland. (FREE)
- Paper Party 2: This 12×12 canvas includes 2 pillow boxes, 4 circles for the garland, 4 straw flags, 2 water bottle wrappers, and confetti. (FREE)
- Paper Party 3: This 12×12 canvas includes 1 party hat and 8 circles for the garland. ($0.99)
EASY PAPER FLAGS FOR PARTY STRAWS
How to Make and Add Toppers to Paper Straws
- Cut out the flags using your Cricut.
I have included a simple flag design in my canvasses above, but you can just create a small rectangle shape in Design Space too.
- Position the paper flag on the straw.
Be sure to leave enough room for your guests to sip from the straw!
- Use a small amount of hot glue to attach the flag around the straw.
- Make a bunch more in different colors and patterns!
SCRAPBOOK PAPER FLAGS
These easy straw toppers are a great way to fill in any empty space on your Design Space canvas so you don’t waste any paper. Mix and match colors and patterns for an even more festive look!