This is the year to up the ante on Halloween decorations! Even if you don’t have a stash of Halloween decor on hand, you can add some new decorations to your home without breaking the bank. I used supplies from the dollar store to make this magical black cat Halloween wreath. Keep reading to find out how to make your own.
DOLLAR STORE BLACK CAT HALLOWEEN WREATH
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE A BLACK CAT WREATH
I had the purple decorator mesh on hand, so that wasn’t purchased at the dollar store. As often as possible, I will give you links for both dollar store and Amazon options below. The only other non-dollar store supply is the Dragonfly Glaze, and that step could be skipped without changing the look of the wreath too much.
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- wire wreath form
- purple deco mesh – dollar store or Amazon
- black cat shapes – dollar store or Amazon
- black craft paint
- Dragonfly Glaze
- adhesive gems – dollar store or Amazon
- rhinestones – dollar store or Amazon
- hot glue gun
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
HOW TO MAKE THE HALLOWEEN WREATH
Black Cat Halloween Wreath
- Paint the wood black cat shapes with black paint. Allow it to dry, then add a topcoat of Dragonfly Glaze. Let dry.
- Place adhesive gems on the shapes to serve as the cats’ eyes. Add a small stripe of black paint to create the slit in the cats’ eyes.
- Tie the end of the deco mesh to the wire wreath form.
- Feed small loops of the deco mesh between the wires of the wreath form, twisting the mesh between each loop. When the wreath looks full, cut off the remaining mesh and tie another knot onto the wreath.
- Use hot glue to adhere the cat shapes to the mesh.
- Use hot glue to adhere rhinestones to the mesh.
WAYS TO USE THE BLACK CAT WREATH
The obvious use for this wreath is to hang it on your front porch as part of your Halloween decorations, but that’s not the only time you can use this wreath. This black cat wreath would also be a fun addition to a magical birthday party or a Harry Potter party! How would you use it?