Don’t be a cotton headed ninny muggins this Christmas. Make yourself, or someone you love, this adorable cotton headed ninny muggins shirt inspired by one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies. If you have an EasyPress, you can have this shirt done before you know it. And, if you don’t, I have a giveaway that might interest you!
You can make this project with a household iron, but using an EasyPress machine takes the guesswork out of using iron-on vinyl. I love that you can adjust the heat setting so that it works perfectly with the craft supplies you choose.
When you are using multiple layers of vinyl, it is important to lay out all of your pieces before you begin ironing them on. For this project, the checked vinyl goes underneath the words and outline of the elf hat, but I needed to position both layers so that I could make sure the design was centered.
Then I ironed the bottom-most piece of my design: the buffalo check vinyl. Make sure you are using the correct settings on your EasyPress for the vinyl you use. The EasyPress has different settings for patterned vinyl than for regular vinyl. Not sure what settings are best for your vinyl? Cricut has a handy interactive guide that will help!
It is also important to note whether your iron-on vinyl is cool peel or hot peel. If it is a cool peel vinyl, you should let the shirt completely cool down before attempting to remove the plastic backing from the shirt.
After I ironed the first layer on, I carefully positioned the next layer of the design. I changed the settings on my EasyPress to accommodate this different type of vinyl and followed the recommendations for heat and time.
If you would like to create this same design, you can use my Design Space canvas. In order for the font to work properly, you will need to have the font Goudy Heavyface installed on your computer. You can download it for free HERE.
So, what was I saying about an EasyPress giveaway?… That’s right! SIX winners will win one of the new EasyPress2 machines! I love my EasyPress, and I have heard that the EasyPress2 is even more fantastic! You will need to head to my Instagram account for all the details to help you enter to win one of your own.
Looking for more fun iron-on projects? Check out the other tutorials from the bloggers participating in this giveaway:
- Shine – Decorated Notebook cover from 100 Directions
- Thankful Wine Tshirt from Everyday Party Magazine
- DIY Christmas Shirts from Clarks Condensed
- Make Your Own Ninny Muggins Shirt from Mad in Crafts
- Cute Baby Christmas Outfit from The Country Chic Cottage
- Follow Your Arrow Shirt from Whisky n Sunshine
- Tinker Bell Shirt – in Spanish from Pura Vida Moms
- Muggle Teacher Shirt from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Feast Mode Thanksgiving Shirt from Kiss My Tulle
- Cute DIY Bag from Simply Crafted Life
- Season to Sparkle Pillow from Tisa’s Creations
- Sparkle like a Unicorn T-shirt from 30 Minute Crafts