We don’t rough it when we go camping. My parents have a nice trailer that has plenty of beds AND air conditioning. For all its amenities, the camper doesn’t have a dishwasher. At the end of the day, my dad heats up the hot water, puts on his favorite music, and hand washes and dries the day’s dishes. The very least I could do is to make sure he has some custom camper kitchen towels to use as he dries! I made a set for their camper with my Cricut Joy machine.
DIY CAMPER KITCHEN TOWELS
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN CAMPING TOWELS
You can use any of your Cricut machines to cut the vinyl for this project. To make the process as simple and quick as I could, I used my cute little Joy machine and Smart Iron-On Vinyl. That way I didn’t have to worry about even using a cutting mat!
These are all affiliate links, if you make a purchase (of anything from these retailers, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are the way I am able to keep this website running and to offer you free tutorials all year long. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
Want to know which craft supplies I always keep in my craft room?
Visit the Mad in Crafts Amazon Storefront to learn more and to buy your own supplies!
HOW TO MAKE CRICUT CAMPER TOWELS
I found quite a few cute camping designs with my Cricut Access account, but I was about to narrow them down to these two options. I chose Smart Vinyl in Kelly because it is a really pretty foresty green color that I thought was just right for this project.
Camping Tea Towels with a Cricut Joy and Smart Vinyl
- Choose designs from the Cricut Access library.
- Insert the designs into a canvas and resize them to fit your project.
- Send the files to cut.
- Make sure to mirror the designs.
- Choose to cut without a mat, and select Smart Vinyl from the materials list.
- Load the Smart Vinyl into the Cricut Joy machine and press Go to begin cutting.
- Unload the vinyl and weed your design.
- Preheat your EasyPress to 315 degrees and preheat the towel for 5 seconds.
It’s always a good idea to refer to the Cricut Heat Guide for the precise temperature and timing instructions for your materials.
- Center your weeded vinyl on the towel and heat for 30 seconds. Then flip the towel over and heat the underside of the design for 15 seconds.
- Peel the carrier sheet away once the vinyl is cool to the touch.
Now you have an adorable set of kitchen towels for your camper! A set of these towels would also make a very thoughtful gift for a friend or family member who has purchased a new camper. Roll them up in a basket with some s’mores ingredients and a few marshmallow roasting sticks!