Instead of having an elaborate dessert for my Beer Swap Party, I decided to make the sweet treat part of the party favors. I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies with two tasty twists on the original: crushed pretzels and chocolate stout beer.
The texture of this cookie batter might freak you out as you are baking, but trust me that it will out work out in the end. The beer makes the cookies soft and cakey, with just a hint of deep stout favor, while the pretzels add salt and crunch!
Package them up in paper bags to use them as a party favor or just enjoy them yourself! Either way, they are sure to be a hit.
- 2 c.flour
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c. chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 ¼ c. chocolate stout
- 1/2 c. pretzel twists, crushed
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Pour beer in and mix till combined. Batter will be fluffy and loose.
- Add chocolate chips and crushed pretzels.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cooking sheet and bake 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Did you like this post? Think it’s worth sharing? Please share with your friends using the social media share buttons at the bottom of the page!